0

Austin Harris
265

How can I tell how many GB it has without turning on?

How can i find out how many GB my 4 and 4s are just by looking at the motherboard/logicboard? Is there a way? thanks

Edited by: Austin Harris ( )

Take a look at your logic board and give us the number of your memory chip. Check this guide http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPhone+4+... step 17 for the location of your NAND IC

2

Austin Harris, take a look at your logic board and give us the number of your memory chip. Check this guide this guide step 17 for the location of your NAND IC on the iPhone 4, and this one step 13 for the iPhone 4S. Also, the iPhone 4 that ifixit used is a 32GB, and bears the marking K9PFG0805M LCBO and for the 4S 16GB it's a Toshiba THGVX1G7D2GLA08. So, you are at least 1/3 done with that identification. If your IC's carry a different marking, you could cross reference those numbers to see what size they are. Hope this helps, good luck.

Thanks so much, exactly what i needed

Austin Harris,

Good research!

Chris Green,

0

gizmo4sal3

The iPhones dont list the size on the outside or on the motherboard. It is only listed under the settings menu once the phone is turned on. I know the size can also be determined from the serial number. But not listed on the phone. It would be listed on the box for it. But the box usually shows the size right on it as well.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your help!

Austin Harris,

0

Tom Chai

You can determine the model by looking at the last four digit of the serial number

Tom Chai, where can I find the serial number on the logicboard?

For iPhone 4 CDMA and iPhone 4S, the serial number is on the dock flex cable bracket. For iPhone 4 GSM, it's on the frame to the right of the battery. It's a barcode and you have to scan it using a reader.

Tom Chai,

So if I just have the logic board itself, not a complete phone, can I find that particular number?

iPhone 5 has a serial number tag on the baseband shield, no serial number is printed on the board of 4 and 4S

Tom Chai,

I see, thank you for clarifying that for me.

0

Danny Estevez
1

Model A1332 EMC 380A FCC ID:BCG-E2380A IF:579C-E2380A

Those are the generic numbers for all the iPhone 4 and will not help to determine how many GB that phone has.

0

rob
1

I have just purchase a iPhone 4s. but I need to know how much gb it has. i'm not allowed to open the back of the phone. there are no labels on the packaging. please can u help me.