Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

Why are my contacts not syncing correctly between iPhones and iMac?

I have entered new contacts in certain "groups" into my personal Mac at home but the newly entered contacts will not transfer to my phones (yes, I have 2), and neither has the edited versions when I have synced them. Could the problem be, that my computer is not updated to the current software? I have Snow Leopard now

iCloud can offer hand to [url=http://www.recovery-ipad.com/transfer-co...]sync contacts from iPhone to iMac[/url]. If you have contacts synched via iCloud, then login to icloud.com and then go to the contacts page. Select all the contacts you wish to import (you can even use Cmd-A to select all), then click the cog icon in the bottom left corner and select Export vCard. Once exported, open that file and it will ask you if you want to import it into Contacts on your Mac.

I also have the same problem, how can do it?

You can try Gmail to sync your iPhone contacts to iMac.

Maybe you can use the iPhone Transfer for Mac, which can be used on the Mac. And the iPhone Transfer is a tool that can transfer data including contacts, music, photos and more between iPhone and Mac. Here is the guide you can follow: how to sync contacts between iPhone and PC/Mac.

You may take a try of iPhone Transfer.

Most Helpful Answer

I had the same problem not using iCloud with an iphone 4. Here is what I did:

Unchecked the Sync Contacts box in iTunes.

Hit Apply, and took the option to remove contacts from the iphone. This wiped all the old contacts.

Rechecked the sync contacts box and applied. All the contacts were restored to my phone.

There is a way to transfer contacts from iPhone to Mac via iCloud. you can follow it.

1.Sign in with your iCloud account and click "Contacts"

2.From the list, select the contacts that you wish to export

3.Click the icon depicting a cog wheel, and select "Export vCard"

Wait for the file to be downloaded on your Mac

supposing that the method does not work, seek help for iPhone Transfer.

No doubt that you need iPhone Transfer.

connect your iPhone and scan with it.

You may get it done in 1 minute.

Here's also a guide to help you import contacts to iPhone.

Probably you are using different apple accounts on your Mac and Iphone, or go to settings-iCloud and on synchronization for contacts!

I actually deactivated my iCloud because I had worse problems with this, especially with it constantly creating duplicates. Could there be another problem? It's the same with my ipad mini, and 2 phones

MobiKin Assistant for iOS is a great way to export contacts from iPhone to Mac.

Using iPhone Transfer, all iPhone user can backup the contacts and contact's photo to computer as a txt file or a ANTC file. In ANTC file condition, you can protect the file with a password to keep your iPhone contacts privacy.

I am glad to tell you that you can use AnyTrans to directly transfer contacts from iPhone to the Mac Contacts app. It allows you to selectively choose which contact you need to sync with your Mac, quite easy-to-use. With it, you can even transfer contacts to computer, to another iPhone or iPad.

More info:

http://www.imobie.com/support/recover-co...

iCloud can offer hand to sync contacts from iPhone to iMac. If you have contacts synched via iCloud, then login to icloud.com and then go to the contacts page. Select all the contacts you wish to import (you can even use Cmd-A to select all), then click the cog icon in the bottom left corner and select Export vCard. Once exported, open that file and it will ask you if you want to import it into Contacts on your Mac.

Use iCloud to sync iPhone contacts to Mac. You just need to run iTunes on your Mac. Open iTunes, and under the info tab, the very top option is to Sync Address Book. Select this and alter the setup as per your requirements, you have fully synced contacts. Another option (this is what I do) is I use FonePaw iOS Transfer to manage my contacts.

The guide:

http://goo.gl/m9baxa

iCloud requires OS X 10.7, minimum. You can jury-rig Apple Mail to use an iCloud mail account under 10.6.8, but none of the other iCloud sync functions (calendar, contacts, notes) will work.

If you failure sync iPhone contacts to iMac,I recommend use this iPhone to Mac Transfer program,which allows you transfer all data from iPhone to Mac directly,including contacts, sms, photos, videos,notes,call logs,and more!

Learn the guide: How to backup contacts from iPhone to Mac

Seems a lot of people here are not addressing the problem using what apple already have but are advertising third party applications to fix the problem. Can we please try to concentrate on how to fix this issue without using advertising or third party programmes.

Hey,

was looking for a solution to a pretty similar case.

I had an Android device before,

and recently joined your club.

The most difficult part of it was transferring my contacts from several accounts to iPhone,

and obviously getting them backed up on my cloud.

Anyhow found several Apps that provides you with such solution,

however unfortunately there's no decent solution for free.

If you are as desperate as I am to get this issue resolved,

try to purchase an App called 1.2.3 Contacts Manager.

Even though you will have to pay for it,

you will probably be pretty satisfied with the result.

cheers =)

Score -1

chai will be eternally grateful.