Drives larger than 128 GB are supported. Capable of booting Mac OS 9 and using Mac OS 9 applications within the Mac OS X "Classic" environment provided with Mac OS X 10.4.11 "Tiger" and lower ("Classic" is not supported starting with Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard").
To "bless an OS 9 system...
1. Boot from Install CD or other system via target mode (via firewire - USB will not work)
2. Close all your windows, then open your hard disk.
3. Choose by Name from the View menu. Verify that this System Folder no longer has the original Macintosh icon.
4.Open the System Folder, double-click on your System suitcase. Close the window which appears, then close the System Folder.
- 1) If a picture of an original Macintosh does not appear in the middle of this folder's icon, open the System Folder again.
- 2) Drag the System suitcase and the Finder to your hard disk icon.
- 3) Close the System Folder.
- 4) Open your hard drive and drag the System suitcase and the Finder on top of the System Folder icon. The original Macintosh icon should appear on the System folder immediately.
5. Restart your computer. It should start up from the original System Folder. If it does not, repeat the original clean install steps.
Remember to return and mark accepted the answer that best solves your problem.