Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

Battery is Not Charging

Replaced the battery and new charger and still not charging. When connected to a charger, MacBook Pro continues to work but will not charge the battery.

Perhaps this may be inter-related issue. Three years ago, a child spilled a glass of wine over my keyboard but I successfully got three years of usage out of it. When I opened up the back of the MacBook Pro, I saw some dried up stain (appears to be dried up wine) but not to a point where it might hinder electrical connection.

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Download and run Coconut Battery to get a better idea of what's going on and let us know your results. http://www.coconut-flavour.com

Hi Mayer. I am using my Mac with a new battery and the charger connected at the moment. The power in the battery is pretty much how it arrived from ifixit. Anyway, when I ran the coconut-flavour,

current charge: 4014 mAh

maximum charge: 5672 mAh

current capacity: 5672 mAh

Design Capacity: 5770 mAh

details MacbookPro 8,1

Age of my Mac: 23 months (I thought it was older than that :) )

Battery Load Cycle: 30.3 C

Battery Power Usage 0.0 watts

Thank you so much for your help.

Sorry. I had a typo on above comments.

Battery Load Cycle: 10 Battery Temperature: 30.3C

briannoh will be eternally grateful.