iPad Mini Wi-Fi

7.9 inch display / Model A1432 / Available in black or white / Announced October 23rd, 2012 / 16, 32, or 64 GB capacity

What causes backlight on ipad mini

I took apart a new iPad mini without turning it on. I disconnected the battery cable, lcd and digitizer. When I reconnected everything, battery last, I had a backlight problem. What caused the backlight fuse to blow?

Have same problem :(

by Dave

Ok so, I have a Backlight Repair kit. Comes with IC, Filter and Coil. However, where the Filter would be, is blown to a point where the copper that the Filter would be soldered onto, is missing. Wouldn't be such an issue and could be delt with soldering a wire to where ever the Copper feed runs to on the circuit board. However, we don't know where it runs to and we need a schematic of the circuitry to find out. Does anyone have a link or any information that could help us with this?

by bryan

I gave advice on this under the question: Screen stays black after digitizer replacement

by jessabethany

Most Helpful Answer

With the ipad mini you have to unplug and replug the battery in after every time you remove the lcd. The backlight will not work without doing this. This happened to me on the first one I worked on.

from your question it's not clear what order you disconnected the components---but the battery must be disconnected first.

My understanding is that if you pull the LCD connector before disconnecting the battery, that creates a sudden drop in voltage which will correspond to a sudden increase in amperage which blows the filter. I know that you mentioned that you didn't have the iPad powered on, but in the work of removing the screen, you may have pressed the power button at some point?

jessa

I have a board with the same issue, i dont know what causes the fuse to blow but maybe this will help get your backlight working correctly.

http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/12680...

make sure everything is plugged in but the battery make sure it has no power the wait a sec then plug in the battery and power it on. the mini has less filters for the back light so a hard reset wont work. if that dont work you burned a filter

mt5550 will be eternally grateful.