Dont have system lock pin code for MacBook Pro 2010

My boyfried gave me gift of MacBook Pro (2010) laptop and from very first moment i ever powered up or turned it on all it will do or ask for is screen saying: "Enter your system lock PIN code to unlock this Mac". Please Help!

Hi Can you please help me solve this? apple store ask me to pay 150$ so that they can reset the password and loose my data. any help is welcome. Thank you

by snboy

This could be a "Find My Mac issue". I'm not too familiar with how it works, but from what I've read, it seems if you lose your Mac it can be locked it or erased. This one's apparently been locked. The code is the one entered when it was locked using iCloud.

If your boyfriend claims to have locked it talk to him. In fact you might want to talk to him anyway because if you're holding a stolen Mac and it "phones home" you could be charged as receiving stolen property or accessory to a crime.

Since this has been locked by Apple, contact them for help....No amount of fiddling around will help here.

1.Press left side shift + control + option + power button at same time

2.power on

3.wait 5-10 min

This is how its done:

It works on Mac OS X Lion only.

1. Launch the Terminal application on you Mac. Then run the following sequence of commands (one at a time):

sudo su

dscl . -delete /Groups/admin GroupMembership yourAccountNameHere

dscl . -delete /Users/yourAccountNameHere

2. Now reboot your Mac into single-user mode by holding Command-S at startup.

3. Once booted into single-user mode, run the following sequence of commands (one at a time):

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

rm -R /Users/yourAccountNameHere

cd /var/db/

mv .AppleSetupDone .RunLanguageChooserToo

rm -R /Library/Caches/*

rm -R /System/Library/Caches/*

rm -R /var/vm/swapfile*

reboot

Your Mac will reboot to the start of the initial Apple Setup program just like when you first powered it on after purchase. All clean and ready to sell or give to a new user.

Regard:

Shah G

sylentears@fb.com

Angie Birkholz will be eternally grateful.