Repair guides and support for cars manufactured by the German motor group, BMW.

Why is my car consuming more fuel on same distance?

My car is a 5-series BMW for the distance,i use to consume 80 liters of fuel for 9 days, takes me only 4 days,why?

Go to AutoZone and get a free computer read out. You may just need new plugs and/or a tune up. Of course you may be driving more, has anything changed (like having a teenager in the house).

You could have low tire pressure, the AC on, driving faster or slower.... a leak in the tank or a neighbor syphoning fuel (my favorite).

A guy who was really obnoxious about his new "economical" car was such a PITA that, for a month, every few days a prankster would add 2 1/2 liters of gas to his tank!... he was ECSTATIC about the milage he was getting... Then, for a month, every few days they drained 2 1/2 liters out... he went CRAZY trying to figure out what was wrong... BTW he never believed it when he was told that his milage was NEVER AS GREAT as he thought.

kadirijibril will be eternally grateful.