Parts & Tools

Apple's line of laptops for professional and power users. To date the MacBook Pro line includes 13, 15, 16, and 17-inch variants, with major revisions defined by unibody, Retina display, and Touch Bar designs.

Can I buy and replace my "airport chip"

I'm told my airport card is defective. Is it replaceable by me?

LCD iPhone Screen Fix Kits

The budget option, covered by our Lifetime Warranty.

Shop Kits

LCD iPhone Screen Fix Kits

Cut repair costs, not quality.

Shop Kits

Yes (or probably, depending on your comfort level with opening up your machine) -- and ifixit probably has the guide to do so! You don't mention which model of Macbook Pro you have -- but here's the Airport Card replacement guide for the 15": MacBook Pro 15" Core Duo Model A1150 Airport Extreme Replacement

If you poke around the site, you can probably find a guide for your model.

UPDATE: It's worth noting that it's not as easy to replace the Airport card in a Macbook Pro as it is in a Macbook. The repair is listed as "moderate." I'd definitely recommend reading through the guide thoroughly before attempting a repair to be certain you're comfortable with undertaking it.

DKEE will be eternally grateful.