Released October 24, 2011 / 2.2, 2.4, or 2.5 GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 Processor

Does changing Logic Board also change WiFi MAC address?

I was under the impression that the WiFi MAC address is stored in firmware on the computer. Recently I brought in the computer for logic board replacement and after one attempt to avoid the repair, Apple finally 'replaced' it, but my WiFi worked right away, with the same MAC address (wouldn't have worked otherwise). So, can the logic board be replaced while still maintaining the MAC address for the WiFi?

Well sorta, the MAC address is part of the AirPort card so the tech just swapped out the main logic bd but put back your AirPort card.

Now if you had asked if the Ethernet port Mac address stayed the same the answer is no! As the Ethernet chip set is part of the main logic bd so it changes when it is swapped.

Thanks, Dan. Unfortunately the model was left off the question (MacBook Pro 15" Late 2011). I didn't think this model came with a separate AirPort card?

All of the non-Retnia MBP use a sub module for the WiFi (AirPort Card) Here's a link to the iFixIt guide in replacing it on your model MBP '15

MAC address based on your network card so when you change your motherboard your mac address will change. Even there is software to change the MAC address. How to Change MAC Address in MacBook

Almost ;-} Yes you can change your Ethernet and/or your WiFi MAC addresses using the link you posted.

But you missed the point the MAC address is part of the interface so the Ethernet interface has a different MAC address than the WiFi adapter. Here the logic board was swapped out but the AirPort card (WiFi/Bluetooth) was reused.

This also holds true for your Bluetooth and Thunderbolt interfaces as well. As an example my system has four addresses (Ethernet, Thunderbolt, WiFi, & Bluetooth, each is unique to each interface.

armtek will be eternally grateful.