Repair guides for displays (or monitors) for computers or other devices with video output.

Suggestions of what to do with an unwanted CRT monitor

Hi! I have a CRT monitor. I know folks on here tend to be up on how to recycle old electronics, one way or another. Anyone have suggestions as to how to properly recycle a CRT monitor or who might want a CRT monitor (that works, actually)? Salvation Army won't take monitors older than 4 years.

I'm in Orlando, FL.

Thank you for any advice!

If the monitor works there are several possibilities.

1. See if your paper like mine has a free classified section and offer to give it away.

2. Check with your local computer repair shops--- I have one in my area that takes old units and parts to salvage.

3. Consider placing a 3x5 card on a bulletin board at work of the gym or wherever.

4. Last choice is most landfills have special disposal days for old electronics- paint and other non standard trash.

Hope you have success with the first three but if the unit does not work you still have choices 2 and 4. Good luck.

I have one hooked up to an old VCR. The VCR acts as a television tuner so I have a TV in the garage that I can also play tapes on as well as watch TV.

kathleenkownacki will be eternally grateful.