Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

cloned hard drive wireless detection problems

I want to upgrade my hard drive and decided to clone the existing hard drive onto the new one before installing.

I used SuperDuper! to clone my current hard drive and booted from the cloned drive (via Firewire). Everything appeared fine except, when booted from the clone, I was not able to use the wireless. In fact, the airport card itself was not found. I rebooted in the normal (old) hard drive and everything is fine.

Is this normal? If I continue the installation of the cloned hard drive, will the airport card be recognized?

Thanks for the answer. I rebooted a second time from the Firewire drive and airport showed up just fine. Have no idea why but rebooted a few more times and never had issues. Installed the hard drive and everything seems great. Thank for the help.

I'd go ahead and install the drive. I've used SuperDuper a lot and never had a problem with it. I may just be the fact that it's on a firewire. I would reboot from the internal drive and check to be sure that the old drive still sees the airport.

jasonfrentress will be eternally grateful.