iPhone 3GS

Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Why is my display screen in black and white only?

I resently replaced my broken touch screen....since I put the phone back together I only get black and white images on my screen .... All buttons, apps and screen work perfectly... I just don't have any color.

What a wacky problem!

by Sterling Hirsh

Is the screen actually in black and white or could it be that its in reverse black on white contrast mode http://grab.by/Zgb

if it's the latter you can find the accessibility settings in your iPhone and turn it off.

Stitchrobot - You're awesome!!

by Thomas Reifel

Most Helpful Answer

tap your screen 3 times with three fingers. A menu will pop up. Touch choose filter and set to none.

Omg thank you so much! Todd Ramsey ☺

by fatushaka

looks like a cable issue to me (connector) - unless it's a broken screen.

But hey, colour is overrated !

Correct answer in my situation… Press the home button three times in succession and it will bring a menu option that says

"voice over"

"Invert colors"

"Zoom"...

You will most likely notice that the "zoom" option is checked… UNCheck this option and your screen will go back to colors!

Yea!!

Mytech will be eternally grateful.