Released on October 23, 2012. Core i5 or Core i7 Processor. Apple Fusion Drive.

What is the maximum RAM possible?

Apple says 16 GB. Is that it or you can add more ?

Is it processor dependent ? (some Intel processors are listed at 16 GB, some at 32 GB)

---

Added:

To be more specific:

If you look at this question:

What are the comercial names of Mac mini 2012 chipset and processor?

there is a link to an Intel comparison:

http://ark.intel.com/compare/67355,65709... .

Here one of the processors accept 16 Gb while the 2 others accept 32. My question is: if I upgrade the processor of the server version, will the Mac Mini accept 32 Gb as listed in the Intel table?

Did anyone tried that?

Please tell me a program or any total groups of programs that can possibly address that much RAM and how you came to that conclusion.

I use Vienna Ensemble with various VSL, kontakt, spectrasonics, EastWest Play libraries. In some projects, even 32GB of ram is not enough. I used to cluster Mac minis using Vienna Ensemble's networking cluster feature. Now I use one Tube Mac Pro

@Jonathan - The new Mac Pro is the only way to go here. The Pro's can support 128GB of Ram.

I agree with Dan, you have hired a boy to do a mans job. Get a real Mac made for professionals.

The late 2012 Mac Mini server uses an i7-3615QM (2.3GHz model, confirmed I have this one), or i7-3720QM (2.6GHz model). While the processor design itself is capable of supporting 32GB RAM (as you have seen on ark.intel.com), this would actually require 4 memory slots.

To see this you need to dig a little further into the data sheets from Intel which state: "1Gb, 2Gb, and 4Gb DDR3 DRAM device technologies are supported. Using 4Gb DRAM device technologies, the largest memory capacity possible is 32 GB, assuming Dual Channel Mode with four x8 dual ranked DIMM memory configuration. Note: 2 DIMMs per channel supported only in Quad-Core rPGA package only"

Please consider the above statement carefully if you are not familiar with memory geometry and rank.

Unfortunately the Mac Mini motherboard uses the BGA type processor package (not the rPGA socket) and only has two slots for RAM (one DIMM per channel), so you are limited to 16GB total RAM.

if now technologies have 16gb sodim memory per piece... and i bought 2 piece of ram 16gb... total is 32gb

can it run?

Its motherboard and CPU dependant, i'd say 16 on Mac Mini

16 GB installed and operational in my late 2012.

However, I had 16 GB running in my mid 2010 as well, which Apple lists as maxed at 8 GB.

16GB would be the max but the good news is, mac mini 2012 is now supporting 1600Mhz DDR3

If a manufacturer can get 16gb on a single soDimm, that can change the game.

Someone tried with this: ?

http://www.intelligentmemory.com/dram-mo...

Gogu will be eternally grateful.