0

Eddie Rivas
1

Which ribbon is this?

So I was repairing the screen for my 4S (until I found out the screen I bought was only the glass and digitizer, so it was absolutely useless) and in my frustration of having to reassemble it without an actually repaired screen, I folded a ribbon the wrong way and when I was connecting it it snapped. The image highlights the slot in which the ribbon goes (in red) and the actual snapped ribbon (in blue).

Image of connectors.

Can anyone tell me which ribbon this connector belongs to? Online I've found you can purchase the audio jack ribbon, the proximity ribbon, and the data connector/charger ribbon (I think this is the only it's definitely not).

Appreciate it guys.

1

Jake Devincenzi

Hey Eddie,

So judging by our guide, it looks like you ripped the digitizer cable. Luckily, since you are looking to replace the display assembly, our replacement display assembly comes with that exact cable. The installation process can be found using the first link in this answer. If you use that part, you should be able to fix the cable and the display all in one.

Hope this helps. Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

iPhone 4S Display Assembly

Brand-new replacement screen for any iPhone 4S. Includes LCD, digitizer, and front panel glass. Perfect replacement for any cracked, broken, or shattered iPhone 4S display. Compatible with all iPhone 4S models. — 31 available at 64.95 each.

Yep. You are somewhat lucky since you were replacing the faulty Front Screen, the Digitizer Cable is part of the Front Screen Assembly. So when you get your new Front Screen Assembly, you now know to be very careful.

Brad,

Oh sweet. Lucky me. So it so happens that after I ripped this cable, I hooked everything back up (but didn't close it all up) and tried turning the phone back on to no avail. That weirded me out a little bit, any particular reason you guys can think of that would make that happen? Also, thanks for the quick response :]

Eddie Rivas,