4

Chad Gordy
49

No backlight and LCD replacement didn't fix it.

Ipad2 was dropped. Worked fine, despite digitizer glass being shattered. Carefully disassembled and installed new Digitizer. Before sealing the digitizer in place, I tested unit. Discovered LCD backlight was not working. Reseated all cables. No change. Inspected for any visible damage, found none. Replaced LCD with known working unit and still no backlight on iPad.

What else could be wrong?

I have a third broken iPad coming to my department for repair. This time, I am going to let the battery drain 100% before anything is disassembled.

folks, I appreciate your time posting 1) disconnect the battery 2) reset iOS.

These things have been discussed here at length and have not resolved the problem.

my iPad issue is still not resolved.

as I reflect on my disassembly, I have considered I did something different the second time around on repair. The first time, I used a plastic scribe to release the LCD cable from the system board. Second time around, I used the mini-screw driver from the kit to pop up the retainer. Reflecting on my actions, and knowing better, that probably created a short across contacts and damaged the system board, despite being careful. Course, I am just guessing, but that was a difference between the two repairs I did...the first ipad repair being successful, the second, not so successful.

Edited by: iRobot ( ) , Chad Gordy ( )

Is there a solution for this? i have the same problem, after changing the volum/power button cable, the backlight wont`t work, i changed the lcd and the touch panel. no luck == Update == Hi, I can see what`s on the screen(torch.) , but no help in switching on and off. no luck updating to IOS 5 ;-( I have not disconnected the battery yet, do you thing that will help? Jan O.

Jan Ove Knudsen,

no. no solution. I fully suspect it is board related and that is the only solution. As it stand now, I have a good parts device for the next iPad broken in our environment.

Chad Gordy,

i have the same problem ...i reset and restored with no help any one know how to fix ..i took lcd out of one ipad and work great on an other ipad ...

imez2nv,

Nobody succeed to fix the no backlight problem ?

saynijb,

I am still having this problem. I have tried a new LCD screen and a new LCD board. I have also tried everything on this page with no luck. I really need to figure this out so any help would be awesome! Thanks!!

Jeremy Lane,

5

mark
97

Ok here's an overview of what was wrong with my ipad...

This image is of a scrap board I had which I've removed the metal screening from. The red circle indicates the position of the short circuit capacitor (It's already been removed from the board in the pciture). Note this is the underside of the circuit board (i.e. that the side that's face down).

Its easy to check with a meter, if its short circuit then this is you problem.

This second picture shows the output from the LED drive circuit, the arrow indicates the point to test with a volt meter to confirm that the fault isn't with the voltage part of the circuit (The voltage should be around 18volts). You should be able to test this in place (you don't need to connect either the digitiser or LCD to check it), my tip is to use some pins soldered to your probes to make it easier to test.

This is the topside of the circuit board, you should be able to access this whilst the circuit board is installed in the ipad.

Hi, mark, do you have the value of the capasitator? Is there any risk of damage any thing else, when you test the 18V . is it nessesary to put a new capasitator, or just leave it out?

Jan Ove Knudsen,

Sorry no value, as its connected to gound I just assumed it was for decoupling, so therefore you maybe able to remove it (but I didn't try that). When testing the 18v just take care not to short to ground, it probably wouldn't do the circuit any good!!

mark,

this is an ipad 1, not an ipad 2.

mark,

Hi again mark, is this the ipad or is it the ipad 2 you have been reparing? i dissasmabled the ipad 2 and i did not locate thees components.

Jan Ove Knudsen,

3

mark
97

Have just fixed an ipad with no backlight. After much work I tracked the fault to a short circuit capacitor on the logic board this held one of the gate inputs to a mosfet low and hence turned off the backlight driver circuit. I also have figured out most of the circuit for driving the LED backlight.

Wow. Your knowledge is far beyond mine since simple solutions fix simple problems and Chads problem is not simple. Mark, can you compare this to the R8 chip fix on the iPhone 3GS? Did you just replace the capacitor and backlight works again? Is it a challenging soldering job? And please post a picture if you have of the area with the capacitor!

asle,

Hi good morning, Please could put a picture or tell you where this capacitor? It is very important for me to repair this iPad, so if you can help me.

Jose,

I have added a new answer below with pictures, hope this helps.

mark,

3

todd
37

I want first start by saying mark 73 you are GENIUS. you fixed my ipad2.woohoo!!.after apple told me it was not fixable. and every phone repair store in town told me it was a bad mother board... im here to tell you they were WRONG... now this is how i fixed it...

problem :no back light. after replacing lcd. and touch screen.

the fix:

1. put it under a bright light.so you can see the dim back ground.

2.go to setting.

3.go the the bottom where it says reset.

4.click on reset . it will ask you to click reset. do it!

5.your ipad should reset and the backlight should come on.

It worked for me. saved me from buying a new one $$$ I love this site.

2

AARON
25

Ok i just had the same problem about 30 minutes ago with a cracked digitizer and had to replace it on the ipad 2. After the replacement i closed everything back up and realized the backlight wasnt working when it was before i did the replacement. so i had to open it back up and reseat everything this did not solve my problem.

LET ME NO IF THIS WORKS I HAD TO RESET THE IPAD BY HOLDING THE STANDBY BUTTON AND HOLDING THE DIGITIZER UP TO THE LCD AND TURNED IT OFF THEN ON AGAIN IT WAS THAT SIMPLE FOR ME IDK WHY I DIDNT DO THAT IN THE BEGINNING IT MAY NOT BE THE SAME FOR YOU BUT LET ME NO.

that did not resolve my issue. I even connected to my MAC and did aniOS restore.

Chad Gordy,

I had the back light problem today. I think it occurred because the ipad was still on when I disconnected the digitizer. I always fit the digitizer in place without removing the sticker covers to test it. When I switched it on there was no back light. I could just about make out what was being displayed with the aid of a torch. I pressed the On/Off button and when the switch off screen appeared I slid my finger across the digitizer to switch it off. When it had switched off I switched it on again and the back light was restored. If you cant make out whats on the screen then disconnect the battery, leave for a few mins to allow any capacitors to discharge then re-connect the battery and the back light should then work.

Pete Brown,

Thanks Pete. I took your post - removed my logic board and kept it off battery power for about 15 minutes. Re-assembled, powered ipad on and still no backlight for me.

Chad Gordy,

Thanks SOO MUCH for the Power Off suggestion!! Don't know why I didn't think of that first?? Guess it must have been the panic setting in. First screen replacement for our shop. My guys had a laugh at my expense, "Hey boss, don't you tell everyone else when they have a problem, reboot first!"

WooHoo,

I had the same issue after replacing the digitiser screen. The problem I found was that when I removed the LCD screen the IPad was still on and I think this confused the system so when I replaced the screen there was no back light. My solution as mentioned by one of the users above was to direct a bright torch directly at the LCD screen and you will see that the iPad is actually on. So click on the power button for a few seconds until you get the slide bar for full power off. Then slide the bar using the digitaliser screen. Once the iPad has powered off completely wait a few seconds then power back on and backlight should be back on. One good suggestion to all those who want to replace their own screen is to test the IPad before sticking back the digitiser screen. Hope this helps

Basil,

1

June Yarborough
19

To resolve this issue you must restart your device by pressing the hold button and the home button at the same time, keeping them depressed for a few seconds. You will need to have a very strong light source directed at the screen when you are doing this. The LCD is still working, but it is nearly impossible to see without the backlight. Once you press home and hold together, a red slide bar will appear at the top of the screen. The reset will not initiate unless you slide the bar. A few short moments later, you should see the the white Apple logo on your display, backlight hopefully.

June's answer solved my problem - make sure you hold the keys for up to 10 seconds - both at the same time. June said "To resolve this issue you must restart your device by pressing the hold button and the home button at the same time, keeping them depressed for a few seconds. You will need to have a very strong light source directed at the screen when you are doing this. The LCD is still working, but it is nearly impossible to see without the backlight. Once you press home and hold together, a red slide bar will appear at the top of the screen. The reset will not initiate unless you slide the bar. A few short moments later, you should see the the white Apple logo on your display, backlight hopefully."

hughbaker,

1

maccinir
13

If you hold the power button and the home button at the same time for 15 seconds the unit will reset and the issue will go away. I have had to do this several times now. I do a lot of iPad repairs.

1

Pete
13

If you are experiencing no backlight after a screen replacement you have a short in the motherboard. This happens when you replace a screen with the iPad powered on. You will need to replace the filter and chip ic on the motherboard.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141006779635?ssP...

I fixed my iPad 2 with these parts but it was pretty difficult... you gotta have a small soldering tip and steady hands. I also used a microscope. Make sure your iPads are powered off before a screen replacement!

0

Ash
185

Dont have too much experience with iPads but have worked with LCD displays for over 10 years.

The backlight would be driven / powered by an LED driver board.

I would find out if the LED driver is integrated inside the panel.

As you now have 2 panels with the same fault I would guess not.

I would try and locate the LED driver and try replacing that or maybe even the LED driver cable.

Hope I helped.

I see (via Google) that iPad1 had a seperate LED cable...I am not seeing such for iPad2.

Chad Gordy,

0

brandon
1

I had this EXACT problem. replaced digitizer, screen worked fine, and then backlight went out. I had disconected the logic board while power was on, I had no choice because I had powered up without the digitizer connected to test it and as I found out, there is no way to turn power off without the digitizer connected. Above peopel suggested they created a short with the screwdriver, but I was meticulous, only using plastic.

Its a software issue, the logic board does indeed get "confused", and think the backlight is on when its not. Soft/hard resets didn't work, UPDATE THE FIRMWARE. for me it was rfom 3.2 to 5.01, as soon as I updated it the backlight came back on. If you dont need an update, try a factery restore and then an update.

I had already performed a factory restore - just now even installed an updated iOS - 5.0.1 and the problem still persists.

Chad Gordy,

0

asle

Buy a can of contact spray and spray on the contact and cable. Reseat the lcd cable. This happens all the time when I am replacing LCD on unibody MacBookPros.

0

keith
13

just remove and reinstall main battery connector to reset the system then it will come the backlight on your lcd

Hi tried removing battery, no luck :(

Jan Ove Knudsen,

I changed the digitizer and the lcd went dull. Thanks guys for posting the part of unplugging the battery for a little while and finally the lcd starting working again. If you see the grayish apple logo, the lcd is back. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAAi80b8w.... This should help. Thanks again!

Ben,

0

iDope
1

All you have to do is reset the unit, and the LCD backlight will be restored!

0

Bill Gramley
1

I had a similar problem with what appeared to be a blank LCD iPad screen after replacing the digitizer. However by shining a bright light on the screen I could see a very dim image. I was then able to reboot and this cured the problem.

0

linda van der laak
1

Issue solved. Had the same problem when I replaced the home button cable and digitizer. I had no light on the display.

Solution for me: hold the power and home button for a while. When the reset was starting, the apple logo popped up.

Grtz Tim

Edited by: ABCellars ( ) , linda van der laak ( )

0

Takashi Alekseev
1

Power off and back on restored my iPad2 backlight.

Thank you Peter.

0

dev dev
1

Please try this -- hold down both home and power buttons for 15 -20 seconds then ipad will display apple logo then release both buttons.

0

AndreaBaglione
471

I too had the same problem I unplugged the cable with an incorrectly spudger metal contact even seen it sparks thought to have created a short circuit and then the surprise of the backlight is not working.

I was provided with light and restored to like new after I turned it ipad.

rekindled the light has begun to function. I highly recommend everyone to leave the download ipad before removing the digitizer.

Andrea

Now you can see if your monitor is functioning under a light?

Hi fred,

The last possibility that remains is to do this test:

Put under a lamp and display at least the screen in a poor return ipad off from that state.

At the restart should be able to meet again the backlight.

If the problem persists, I suggest you take a look at this boat ebay, I read that you can repair the backlight of the chip with only $ 7! might be a good solution if the answers that I provided you can not come by chance.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/iPad-2-and-1-LCD...

Hope that helps.

Andrea

Sorry , is soldered! remove this and re- solder new 4R7 !!! ;)

cheers

Andrea

Edited by: AndreaBaglione ( )

4R7 is magnetic type components, you should not have major problems in replacing just a little bit of forethought to remove it. If you have a micro soldering or otherwise you can find it and have good manual you can do it without problems, unsoldering the base component and only after removing it. I could let you but from what I see are very far from you. I live in Italy even though I live in the us and make this work: ((

AndreaBaglione,

0

Fred Del
1

"I too had the same problem I unplugged the cable with an incorrectly spudger metal contact even seen it sparks thought to have created a short circuit and then the surprise of the backlight is not working."

Hi Andrea,

I had exactly the same issue but I've tried your suggestion and I didn't work for me. Do you think it's possible that I have damaged the logic board??!

Thanks for you answer

Edited by: Fred Del ( )

I have tested with another digitizer and it doesn't work as well

Fred Del,

@fred del 1) Re-open iPad. disconnect the battery connector form logic board. 2) re-conneted the battery connector 3) push I/O button Andrea

AndreaBaglione,

''If the problem persists, I suggest you take a look at this boat ebay, I read that you can repair the backlight of the chip with only $ 7! might be a good solution if the answers that I provided you can not come by chance. http://www.ebay.com/itm/iPad-2-and-1-LCD... '' Thanks for your tips but I can't find a repair guide for the coil 4R7... Do you know if it's an easy job? As well do i need specific tools? Or is it just a plug? Cheers

Fred Del,

0

ifixsmartphone
23

replacing 4R7 is not an easy job. It's not a job with soldering iron and removing chit out and in. I repair iphones professionally and I even get nervous when I have to remove such and 6R8 on 3Gs.

If you want to get an experience with a chance of sacrificing your board, try it, otherwise look for a professional.

0

Nick
1

I am an ACMT. Though I'm not sure about the design of the iPad, on macbook pro machines there is fuse on the logic board built into the backlight. Replacing the LCD would not fix that issue, but a new logic board would.

0

rewindman
1

HELLO PPL,

when i changed screen i cut through the vol button ribbon but i cut it after the vol buttons and before the power switch (so volumes were working power button was not)

power down ipad via removing the logic board of the battery DONT PULL THE BLACK SILVER BLOCK ABOVE BATTERY with the single screw in (you pull the logic board up off the battery connecters)

you will need to remove the 2 screws in the corners of the end of the logic board in plain sight not were the digitalizer plugs.

now put a plastic pry tool the lift the logic board there is a bit of tape underneath.

with the logicboard in the air one end you will see how the board connects to the battery.

simply hold off battery for few mins (press some buttons only to drain the bit of power on the board then simply put back together and re try the screen.)

if not working try and plug usb in to ipad as this will power it up then you will know if the button ribbon is damaged.

0

ifixsmartphone
23

iPad2 Backlight chip is located here. This is the one you need to replace to get it working. I tried replacing the chips on the pix in this thread above, but didn't work.

ipad2 backlight chip location

Edited by: ifixsmartphone ( )

0

Anil Gorani
1

yes.... I success ..disconnect battery and wait, discharge all voltage..reconnect battery,,backlight is working

0

David of Warwick
1

Exactly the same symptoms - second new screen, this time the battery was not drained and no backlight on reassembly. Hold down power and reset (ie rest the ipad) - it worked for me. Guess I'll just have to stop smashing it up now...:)

0

Demetrick
1

The reset option (pressing the home buttons and switching off) worked thank you so much I was about to panic ;-)

0

Anil Gorani
1

check the back light voltage on the back light power diode aprox 16 volt.

this is missing in set. ...get only 3.7v .. as per battery

steps

1 disconnect battery..

2 check voltage on back light power diode if charge remains

3 discharge with ground

4 reconnect battery

5 connect power adapter

and check back light

0

Marthin Haulussy
1

Always swicth off the Ipad before repair.

Had the same problem, afther software restore

back-light work again.

GSMdokter.nl

0

K K
1

I made a youtube video on the ipad 2 backlight solution

if your ipad 2 was short because you forgot to turn off the ipad when changing the screen.

you want to change and replace

the backlight chip

and the backlight filter

and then if you ipad had water damage change the backlight 4R7 coil as well.

for more detailed picture showing where the ipad 1, 2, 3 backlight circuits is located please visit http://www.cyberdocllc.com/ipad-2/

I have fixed more than 20 ipad 2 logicboards with backlight issues so far. I havent have one fail with this solution just by changing these three surface mount components.

0

Mickger
1

I have the same problem, but I just restarted the ipad and then it work :S

0

william
1

I had the same problem a while back but when I hit the power and home button my ipad shut down even though it didnt look like it was doing anything. then I plugged it into the power cable and it came back on. No problem since that issue.

0

DEJI MIKE
1

i just faced same challenge and it was a result of using a metal to detach d screen connector from the board, but when i logged in here , i found out that we still haven't gotten a solution so i just prayed and repeated the process of detaching and attaching both the screen and battery connector, powered it on and the display light was back.

0

ebullock
1

Ipad2 - I replaced the digitizer - same issue, no LCD backlight after replacement. I could not see any power off / dull image to power down and reset did not work. I had OS 5, decided to try and upgrade to OS 6 - IPAD2 came back to life!!! LCD is back. Yea!

0

usmlelol
1

Video solution How I fix the backlight problem in ipad 2

the backlight solution is out for ipad 1, 2 and 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4zF3kQrz...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqa5aZB6u...

Edited by: usmlelol ( )

0

john speegle
1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkEznEwMd...

I fixed one using this method, it was pretty easy.

Edited by: john speegle ( )

0

Xtreme Repairs
1

Hi Guys, Happy New Year

Ok so here is what happen. The IPAD Suffered Short Term Memory Illness. Well thats what we call it, lol.

If the LCD wont turn on, you probably was working on while it was running, still powered on or something similar, perfect example have you ever pulled ram from a computer while its on and see how it reacts?

Here a fix: Disconnect the device if its plugged in or connected to a PC

1. Take off the Digitizer

2. Remove the LCD

3. Disconnect the Audio Ribbon on the top left from the motherboard

4. Remove the control board cable (its the cable that runs in between the battery)

5. Disconnect the loud speaker cable or (charging dock ribbon)

6. Now if you have the WiFi Version, flip over the Motherboard and disconnect the cable.

Let these stay disconnected for about 3 minutes, Coffee Break!!

7. Now put everything back together, Make sure you don't turn on the device or have it connected to the computer while your reassembling the components.

Many Thanks

0

Daniel
1

Just finished putting an iPad 2 back together after replacing the digitizer and the lcd would not turn on. Plugged headphones in and pressed play button and music came on...CRAP the iPad has battery the lcd isn't working and customer will be here soon to pick it up. Not looking good. Carefully took digitizer back off, reseated lcd, still nothing. found this forum, updated iOS. LCD light turns on, put everything back together and now it's good. ALHUMDULILLAH!

I have repaired several iPad 2 and 3 digitizers and never had this happen. I have been in the habit of leaving the device on so that I could check the lcd to make sure I don't burn it when melting the digitizer glue... Looks like I'll just turn it off from the start next time.

Thanks for the help people. :)

0

rusty
1

OMG! I thought it was a short circuit.. IT wasnt. LISTEN PEOPLE. your screen does actually turn on but you can't see it. under a specific amount of light you will be able. TURN IT OFF THEN BACK ON! I thought this wouldnt work BUT it WORKED! PRESS THE POWERBUTTON FOR 5secs THEN SLIDE YOUR FINGER TO TURN IT OFF EVEN IF YOU CANT SEE NOTHING SLIDE IT MULTIPLE TIMES THEN WAIT A MINUTE THEN TURN ON. (AND IT WILL WORK) ITES NOT A SHORT CIRCUIT.

0

Rany
255

I changed the broken digitizer of an iPad 2, and used what turned out to be a poor kind of adhesive to glue it back.

10 days later the digitizer became loose and I needed to re-glue it.

So I disconnected the LCD and digitizer, and cleaned the old adhesive using rubbing alcohol.

Before gluing the digitizer back, I tested the iPad and found that the LCD remained black.

I plugged the iPad to the charger and heard the charging sound, so the iPad was working fine.

I tested the LCD on a another iPad, and there it worked.

So I tried rebooting the iPad by pressing HOME BUTTON + ON/OFF BUTTON at the same time for 10-15 seconds, but nothing happened. The iPad wouldn't restart/turn off (I could still hear the charging sound when I plug it in).

So I shorted the 2 golden pins of the Home Button while pressing the ON/OFF Button for 10 seconds. This time the restart was successful, and the LCD came back to life. JUST MAKE SURE YOU DON'T SHORT ANYTHING ELSE AT THE SAME TIME!!

Turns out the home button was not seated well enough (especially that the digitizer was not tightly back in place).

So I recommend the following:

-Try the LCD and everything else before disassembly to make sure nothing was defective to start with!

-TURN OFF THE DEVICE,

-Do the repair/change the digitizer or whatever...,

-Connect the LCD, and digitizer but don't glue it back in,

-Turn on the device and test the LCD and everything else,

-Turn it off and finish the re-assembly and glueing.

Edited by: Rany ( )

0

YoloRepair ca
1k

First restart the ipad if it still doesn't work

here is a better pic of how to fix - IF it's a hardware problem.

http://www.emantechnology.com/temp/image...

Edited by: YoloRepair ca ( )

0

travis easter
1

Disconnect both screens while ipad is on.then reconnect with ipad still on then Power down ipad.power up ipad right after and backlight will b on.

0

Ricardo
1

just reset the all the settings on general... as simple as that as long as you know you did things right to remove the lcd....

Any one know a place around riverside were i can buy parts for repairs for apple products? i want to be able to go and pick up

Edited by: Ricardo ( )

0

Allisha
1

Hey guys I was fixing an ipad 2 for my daughtes school and this happened to me.. I found a video on you tube that shows you how to repair the backlight thing.All I could think was great I now owe the school an ipad.. it showed that it can happen when the device is switched on when the lcd is disconnected.. (I know this Ipad was on when I disconneted it as I had already cut the digitizer cable and was trying to remove the shattered glass and bumped the button so I couldnt turn it off).. However back to the point.. if you shine a light on the screen (I used my phone) you can see it enough to turn it off.. I turned the ipad off.. about 10/15 minutes later I went to show a friend what had happened and I was so relieved to see that apple logo.. :) hope this helps...

The same thing happened to me when I changed my girlfriends sons iPad 2 Digitizer. We could see the password squares but no backlight to see clearly. I don't know what I did but all of a sudden the Apple logo came up and after that it worked fine. The problem is that now I have replaced it again after another drop and it's doing exactly the same thing. It won't turn off and is dim. I can see the ENTER PASSWORD and the slide arrow but I can't remember what I did to get it working again. They are a pain in the !@# of a unit. I don't know why they don't use a polymer screen. It's not like they're making money of repairs is it?

darrengabbe,

0

scott
1

having problems, screen is black can hear the charge noise go on when i plug usb in, doesn't seem to be resetting after home and power button press. also screen is not dim its completely black, i did cut the digitizer when ipad was on, could this cause the screen to black out ?

0

Jimmy Gary
1

Restore ipad if backlight stopped working it worked for me

0

G Parc
1

I have to say for those who recommends to turn off, on, or let battery drain, then charge and restart or restore are lucky because the chip didn't shorted out.

The problem is you are using some metal tool when you disconnecting the LCD connector, you must use plastic spudger or similar to remove it.

Sometimes, when you are removing the glass after powering off, the power switch could be triggered and powered on while removing the glass, then you touch the connector with metal, that's when it shorts out.

Better way to prevent from this happening is to lift the board from the battery which then assures 100% shortage of chip won't happen.

0

jahrek
1

0

darrengabbe
1

All fixed, it was a nicked power, volume/mute ribbon that was causing it. I replaced it, did a hard restart and abracadabra....backlight :-) Happy, happy, joy, joy. High fives all round.

0

dze
1

ok i am an idiot, had an ipad 2 and 3 here, didnt even think about the ipad turning on while i was cleaning the broken glass i must have hit the power button :(,

anyway the solution to remedy an lcd screen not working after you repaired the digitizer is correct.

need to shine some light (better in a dark room) onto the ipad and you will see the pad is actually on, hold the power button down and up the top of the screen normal "slide to switch off".

power up the device and shazam, it works :)

and if you arnt sure the ipad is off or on, just plug it in your PC and the device will either instal or show up on iTunes just to annoy you even more, many thanks for the info :)

dze,

0

chadjackson801
1

I have repaired these, and as far as I can see you DO NOT need to replace 4R7. Just the other components. Yu can get them inexpensive here. parts

Good luck all you DIY and Techs

Chad Jackson

0

iphone5problem
1

Hello please help me!

I have the same problem with you guys and I have tried all your tips exept that repairing logic board.

When i press home + power button together and reset it apple logo pops up and its shining, but then after 10 seconds it becomes dark and there is no backlight. Is there still chance to get it work if I just try to reset it or do I still need to repair the logic board??

0

Tom
1

You can get this repaired here

irepairapples.co.uk

0

tineforn
1

If your ipad 2 was dropped, there is the possibility that the backlight chip on motherboard is broken. I've had the same problem with mine and solved it with a little trick without spending a buck (and without soldering)...check the video, hope it helps :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfPuj7vUT...

0

James
49

soft reset (hold power and home button until screen shuts off) wait for apple

logo to appear, BINGO. Let there be light

0

bobbypickett
1

This is what i did to solve the same problem with the backlight: Powering down the iPad before repair is good but you still have the issue. When you remove the digitizer screen, do NOT unplug the LCD unless it needs replacing also. If LCD is needed, unplug the battery FIRST (the cable that runs between the batteries) then unplug the LCD and replace. Before laying the LCD down where is goes, plug back in the battery and you should see the LCD light up through the holes in the back of the LCD. Hope that helps and remember to go in that exact order.

Bobby

Texarkana Tablet Repair

0

Jake
1

hold home and power buttons to hard reset, this website is amazing.

0

JOhn
1

There are a few techs on ebay who repair this problem. It requires micro soldering of one to 3 components. You must disconnect power from motherboard before you pull off the LCD connector. When reassembling, you screw down motherboard last. Otherwise you sent s spark through the circuit.

0

bryan
1

hi everyone, maybe someone can shed some light on my problem

i repaired a front panel (glass and digi) on an iPad 2. the lcd wouldnt turn on then i managed to get it to turn on and now its back to not turning on.

any ideas?

This Month: 1,348