0

ahmed
1

My MacBook Pro efi password lost

from 1 year back i buy MacBook Pro used, now i replace my hard from 500 GB to 1 TB and i press on tab button because choose DVD for installing new mac OS but ask from me password and i didn't it

what can i do

and i try to remove 1 ram and open how i read in sire but its not help

if i change bios chip will normal work or what can i do plz help me i need it in my word

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , ahmed ( )

2

mayer

Start up from your installation DVD holding down the "C" key. Go to the second screen pull down menu to Utilities > Disk Utility. Select your drive and format it and give it one partition. Now you can install your system.

Edited by: mayer ( )

i doing how u say and i press on "D"key from start up and put DVD but too its showing me at the middle of screen" folder inside it question mark

ahmed,

Sorry press the "C" key.

mayer,

its same folder icon still show when i press c

ahmed,

Insert your system installation disk and restart holding down the "C" key till the Apple logo appears. If this fails, disconnect the hard drive and do the same thing. Let us know your results.

mayer,

5

mminyan
61

I prefer to walk into music station in jersey city they are the only ones that actually have a store and can do the work while you wait. I don't trust the guys that just have a website and you send it to there house where it can catch bed bugs or get knocked over.

there store is in New jersey there site is jerseycityrepair.com

5

Sam Busak
1

you have to change the bios chip or erase it and get it reprogrammed the only guys I know that have done it correctly are in new jersey . jerseycityrepair.com

0

Mikhrych
219

For EFI password : warning ! qwerty keyboard

If you have no password just one solution : The old trick of changing RAM level does not work anymore. Only an authorized Apple Service Provider can reset.

Edited by: Mikhrych ( )

changing the bios chip will only work if you know programming with a eeprom reader/writer there are services that do this on the net for 200 dollars

John,

0

Kevin
1

I don't know at your end. But macunlocked.com is doing that for $90 only.

I haven't had it done just seen research will find out the right price..right?

John,