An awesome team of students from our education program made this wiki.
Device Will Not Power On
The speaker shows no sign of turning on or powering up.
- If the device will not turn on, try to charge it for at least 3 to 4 hours using a USB to Micro USB cable to plug in to your laptop, PC or power adapter.
- If the device just does not charge, you may have to replace the battery of the device. Please follow this link for battery changing guidance.
Faulty Power Adapter
- There might be a problem with the adapter. Try to charge the device with another adapter. If it does not charge, you may need to purchase a replacement adapter.
Speaker Will Not Connect
The device won't pair or connect with other devices using Bluetooth.
Can't Connect via Bluetooth
Be sure both devices are Bluetooth capable.
- Power off and power on the Jam Voice.
- Turn Bluetooth off on the host device.
- Press the Bluetooth button on the bottom of the Jam Voice (notice that the little blue light by the charging port is blinking).
- Turn on Bluetooth on the host device and scan for devices.
The Jam Voice should now show up in the pairing list for you to select of your host device.
Reset to Default Settings
If there's any need to do a Factory reset on the JAM Voice device, there are different ways to do so.
- The first option is to press down the Reset button on the bottom of the speaker (Best to use a paperclip or needle).
- Another way is to press the bluetooth button and power button at the same time for five seconds.
- The final way is to use your Jam Voice app to Restore your settings.
Speaker Sounds Weak
The audio quality is not clear when playing audio or is spotty.
Volume is Muted or Low
For optimal sound quality, be sure to maximize the volume on whichever device you connect with (computer, handheld music player, phone, etc…) and the volume on the Jam Voice should be set to a medium level. Then adjust sound level to user’s preference by pressing -/+ on the front panel of your Jam Voice.
Devices are too far Apart
The distance between the Jam Voice and the device you connect with may be too great. Try moving them closer together.
Speaker is Damaged or Blown
If increasing the volume and staying within signal range does not improve sound quality, a speaker replacement may be necessary.
Device Slides on Surfaces
The Jam Voice is provided with a rubber base on the bottom to prevent sliding. If your device slides, there may be a couple ways to address this issue.
- Using a slightly wet towel or rag, wipe any debris that may have built up on the rubber on the bottom of the device.
- If the rubber base has been worn, you may replace it following this rubber base replacement guide.
Buttons Are Unresponsive
The buttons on your speaker are not responding or appear to be broken or stuck.
Dirt Build Up
If you are unable to press any button, try taking off the rubber at the base of the device to check underneath it as there might be something holding the button up.
If a button is not popping back up or taking longer to do so, it could be because of dirt build-up that’s blocking the area around the button. In addition to the previous steps, use alcohol cleaning pads to wipe off any residue.