Having the right tools for the job is important in any repair endeavor. Whether you are a repair professional or DIY tinkerer, having the right tools for the job already on hand in your toolbox is an invaluable time and frustration saver.
iFixit's toolkits are carefully assembled to include all the important tools to perform all types of electronics repairs, then discounted to say thank you to our customers who support our manuals and community through tool purchases. From a basic media player battery replacement to more serious surgeries requiring soldering or heat guns, our modular toolkits will help you build a toolbox that fits your needs.
Our most economical do-everything toolkit. The Essential Electronics Toolkit is what you need for the most essential electronics repairs—like screen and battery swaps—and everything you need for most household DIY fixes.
Essential Electronic Toolkit Includes:
- Magnetized Driver Handle
- Angled Precision Tweezers
- iFixit Opening Tool
- iFixit Opening Picks set of 6
- Suction Handle
- Easy-to-Open Magnetized Case
- Lid with Built-in Sorting Tray
- Sixteen 4 mm Precision Screwdriver Bits
- Phillips - 000, 00, 0, 1, 2
- Pentalobe - P2, P5
- Flathead - 1, 2.5, 4 mm
- Torx - T4, T5
- Torx Security - TR6, TR8, TR10
- SIM Eject Bit
The base of the repair ecosystem, this kit will get you into any cell phones, and laptops, or media player. Start with this kit, and add any of the expansion packages below to build a custom toolkit that best fits your repair needs.
Pro Tech Toolkit Includes:
- 64 Bit Driver Kit Carefully designed to include the most common bits needed for repairs on all small electronics.
- 3x iFixit Opening Tools Made of plastic, these help you pry open the trickiest enclosures scratch-free.
- 6x iFixit Opening Picks The repair-person's "plastic fingernail" super thin plastic tip helps open and disassemble clips, tabs, and glue.
- 2x Spudger Handy tool for all types of poking and prying at tough to open enclosures, delicate components, opening ZIF connectors, and is heat-resistant for soldering applications. Also sold as Apple's "Black Stick" tool.
- Metal Spudger Metal poking and prying tool for when plastic just doesn't cut it.
- Blunt Precision Tweezers "Heavy Lifting" precision tweezers for handling small wires, screws, and working in places your fingers can't.
- Angled Precision Tweezers Extremely fine pointed tweezers with an ergonomic bend near the end to give you gripping power in the tightest of spaces.
- Reverse Nylon Tipped Tweezers ESD safe tweezers that default to "closed" enabling you to handle and manage all kinds of tiny things with ease.
- Anti-Static Wrist Strap Protects delicate circuits while you work from harmful static electricity.
- Small Suction Cup Makes quick work of lifting front panels off of phones and media players.
- Jimmy Super-thin metal blade enables you to "jimmy" open all kinds of tight enclosures.
This expansion will have you ready to tackle bigger jobs like iMacs and desktops, as well as expanding your trouble shooting and part identification abilities.
Pro Tech Expansion 1 Includes:
- Heavy-Duty Spudger For poking and prying at sensitive electronics.
- 2x Plastic Opening Tools You will always need more, believe us!
- Digital Multimeter Test power supplies, buttons, switches, etc.
- Digital Caliper Measure small screws and parts.
- Magnetic Project Mat Keeps all those tiny screws organized for easy reassembly.
- Large Needle Nose Pliers For all sorts of tasks, including Mac Mini processor replacement.
- Heavy-Duty Suction Cups (Pair) For glass and panel handling ie: iMac and iPad.
- 1.5" Thin Putty Knife For breaking into all sorts of devices.
- 6-in-1 Screwdriver Because not all screws are tiny!
This expansion includes important ESD protection, tools to work with water damage, corrosion, dust, wiring, and small parts handling.
Pro Tech Expansion 2 Includes:
- Anti-Static Mat Turns your workspace into an ESD safe workstation.
- 2x Plastic Opening Tools Yes, you will always need more..
- Magnetic Pickup Tool It's a magnet on a telescoping pole, great for picking up that screwdriver that fell off your bench.
- Dust Blower for dusting and cleaning electronics.
- Probe and Pick Set great for poking, prying, as well as cleaning up certain types of liquid damage or corrosion.
- Wire Stripper quickly strip and cut wire.
- Detailing Brush Great for all types of cleaning, water damage corrosion removal, thermal paste, and dusting.
- Hemostat When tweezers won't cut it, and pliers are too big, this strong little tool also locks closed and clamps items together.
- Flush Wire Cutter For precision wire cutting, trimming lose ends after soldering, or just keeping your fingernails looking good..
Available for USA shipment only due to voltage requirements and freight costs.
The plug-in specialty tools we recommend for a well rounded workstation.
Pro Tech Workstation Expansion Includes: