These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
A1418 EMC 2833 iMac16,2 3.1 GHz, A1418 EMC 2833 iMac16,2 3.3 GHz
Identification and Background
The 21.5" iMac with Retina 4K display was released on October 13, 2015. It can be identified by its model number A1418 and EMC number, 2833, both of which are located beneath the single foot.
- Intel Core i5 or i7 processors, soldered in place and non-upgradeable. Options include:
- 3.1 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
- 3.3 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
- 8 GB or 16 GB of soldered, non-upgradeable RAM
- The base model is only available with 8 GB—mid and high-end models are configurable to 16 GB at time of purchase
- 1 TB serial ATA drive (5400 rpm)
- Can upgrade to a 1 TB fusion drive, a 2 TB fusion drive, 256 GB of flash storage, or 512 GB of flash storage at the time of purchase
- Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200
- Four USB 3.0 ports and two Thunderbolt ports
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible, and Bluetooth 4.0