How can I reset the phone without typing the password?
Phone not turning on, no leds blinking at all!
Why after LCD replacement battery drain fast?
Do not turn on Xiaomi Mi5
Background and Identification
The Xiaomi Mi 5 Andoird smartphone was produced by Xiaomi, Inc. and launched in April 2016. The Mi 5 is the predecessor of the Mi 6 and the successor of the Mi 4 in Xiaomi’s Mi series. The Mi 5 was available in black, white, gold, and ceramic bodies. The Pro and Prime versions of the Mi 5 are exclusive to China.
The standard Mi 5 includes 32 GB of internal storage and 3 GB of RAM. The Prime variant includes 64 GB of internal storage and 3 GB of RAM, while the Pro version includes 128 GB of internal storage and 4 GB of RAM. The Mi 5 includes a non-removable 3000 mAh battery and features 18-Watt fast-charging capabilities. (A non-removable battery is one whose adhesive is permanent, making repair and replacement difficult). The Mi 6, the Mi 5’s successor, includes a larger 3350 mAh battery, also with fast-charging capabilities.
The Mi 5 features a front-mounted fingerprint sensor as well as gyro, accelerometer, proximity, compass, and barometer sensors. It has a 16-megapixel main camera and a 4-megapixel selfie camera, while the Mi 6 has dual 12-megapixel main cameras and an eight-megapixel front-facing camera. The Mi 5 has a scratch-resistant glass front and back, and an aluminum frame. In the ceramic variants, the back of the phone consists of ceramic material for extra durability.
The Mi 5 includes the name “Mi” in the top left corner of the phone’s display. The phone also has an elongated ovular home button.
Release date: April 2016
- Dimensions and Weight: 144.6 x 69.2 x 7.3 mm (5.69 x 2.72 x 0.29 in), 129 g / 139 g (Ceramic) (4.90 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 4), glass back (Gorilla Glass 4), aluminum frame
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.15 inches, 73.1 cm2 (~73.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~428 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- OS: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo), MIUI 10
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 (14 nm)
- Quad-core (2x1.8 GHz Kryo & 2x1.36 GHz Kryo) - Standard edition
- Quad-core (2x2.15 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo) - Prime & Pro edition
- GPU: Adreno 530
- Card slot: No
- Internal: 32GB 3GB RAM (Standard), 64GB 3GB RAM (Prime), 128GB 4GB RAM (Pro)
- UFS 2.0
- Single: 16 MP, f/2.0, 1/2.8", 1.12µm, PDAF, 4-axis OIS
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps
- Single: 4 MP, f/2.0, 1/3", 2µm
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5 mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- Radio: No
- USB: Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery
- Fast charging 18W
- Quick Charge 3.0
- Colors: Black, White, Gold, Ceramic
- SAR: 0.38 W/kg (head) 0.80 W/kg (body)