These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification
The Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact is a compact flagship Android smartphone from Sony released in October 2017. The XZ1 Compact was released with the Xperia XZ1 and is the successor to the Xperia X Compact. It was available in black, White Silver, blue, and pink.
The XZ1 Compact has smaller dimensions than the XZ1, but both phones contain the same battery, a non-removable 2700 mAh battery. A non-removable battery is one whose adhesive is permanent, making repair and replacement difficult. Both also include 18 Watt fast charging capabilities. The XZ1 Compact includes 32 GB of internal storage and 4 GB of RAM while the XZ1 includes 64 GB of internal storage and 4 GB of RAM.
The XZ1 Compact features dust-resistance and water-resistance in 1.5 meters of freshwater for up to 30 minutes. The Xperia X Compact, the XZ1 Compact’s predecessor, does not include a waterproof body. The Compact has a glass front, plastic back, and plastic frame while the XZ1 has an aluminum back and frame. It features a side-mounted fingerprint scanner as well as accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass, and color spectrum sensors. It also has a 3-D scanning feature that can be used by 3-D printers, display apps, and games.
Reviewers appreciated the Compact’s small form and good performance but were disappointed with the lack of wireless charging and the small amount of internal storage.
Models: G8441, D5503, SO-02K
Release date: October 2017
- Dimensions and Weight: 129 x 65 x 9.3 mm (5.08 x 2.56 x 0.37 in), 140 g (4.94 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 4), plastic back, plastic frame
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 4.6 inches, 58.3 cm2 (~69.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1280 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~319 ppi density)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Triluminos display
- X-Reality Engine
- OS: OSAndroid 8.0 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 (10 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4x2.45 GHz Kryo & 4x1.9 GHz Kryo)
- GPU: Adreno 540
- Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Internal: 32GB 4GB RAM
- UFS 2.0
- Single: 19 MP, f/2.0, 25mm (wide), 1/2.3", 1.22µm, predictive PDAF, Laser AF
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 1080p@30fps (gyro-EIS), 720p@960fps
- Single: 8 MP, f/2.4, 18mm, 1/4"
- Video: 1080p@30fps (gyro-EIS)
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5 mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes
- Radio: No
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector; USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass, color spectrum
- Non-removable Li-Ion 2700 mAh battery
- Fast charging 18W
- Quick Charge 3.0
- Colors: Black, White Silver, Horizon Blue, Twilight Pink