These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Track down a number of problems with the device by using the Sanyo Katana Troubleshooting Guide.
To verify that your device is a Sanyo Katana, simply remove the battery from the phone. A sticker will be located behind the battery on which the model name "Katana" is written.
The Sanyo Katana is an ultra-thin flip phone released in the third quarter of 2006 by Sanyo Electric Co. It is currently available in the US through Sprint, CREDO Mobile, Qwest, Embarq, Liberty Wireless, and Humane Wireless. The phone is available in four colors: black, blue sapphire, cherry blossom, and polar white.
The Sanyo Katana has an upgraded version called the Sanyo Katana II, which offers more memory and has a slightly different appearance.
- Modes: CDMA 850 / 1900, AMPS 850
- Weight: 3.4 oz (96 g)
- Dimensions: 3.88" x 2.02" x 0.58" (99 x 51 x 14.7 mm)
- Battery Talk: 3 hours maximum (180 minutes)
- Battery Standby: 168 hours maximum (7 days)
- Battery Type: 820 mAh LiIon, Removable
- Display Type: LCD (Color TFT/TFD)
- Resolution: 240 x 320 pixels (QVGA)
- Colors: 65,536 (16-bit)