In Progress Guides
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
If you are having problems with your device take a look at our Samsung Galaxy S5 troubleshooting page.
Background and Identification ¶
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is the fifth generation of the Galaxy S phone series. It was released April 11th, 2014 to replace the popular Galaxy S4. This iteration of the phone series features a larger screen than the S4, a textured back, and a charging port cover. This update also equips the phone with USB 3.0 compatibility, water proofing, heartbeat sensor, and a larger screen.
Samsung made it easy to identify this phone from its predecessors by placing text on the rear cover that says "Galaxy S5." Unlike previous models the rear cover is not smooth plastic, it has bumps that resemble a band-aid's texture. Despite the home button having a fingerprint sensor, it does not look different compared to the Galaxy S4.
Technical Specifications ¶
- 5.1” Super AMOLED display (1920 x 1080, 432 ppi)
- Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat)
- 16 Megapixel rear-facing camera capable of recording 4k video at 30 fps
- 2.0 Megapixel front-facing camera with 1080p video recording and wide-angle lens
- LTE Cat.4 (150/50 Mbps)
- WiFi : 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac VHT80, MIMO(2x2)
- LTE + WiFi simultaneous reception
- NFC, Bluetooth®: 4.0 BLE / ANT+
- Micro-USB 3.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass, Barometer, Hall, RGB ambient light, Gesture, Fingerprint, Heart Rate Sensor
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801
- 2 GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 16/32 GB user memory + microSD up to 128 GB
- 2800 mAh Li-ion battery
- Dimensions: 142.0 x 72.5 x 8.1mm
- Weight: 145g
- IP67 certificated Dust & Water Resistant