3.5mm Headphone Jack
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Identification and Background ¶
The Samsung Captivate is an Android smartphone that was announced by Samsung in March 2010. It includes 16 GB of internal flash memory, but does not have a front camera, FM radio or LED camera flash.
The Samsung Captivate is one of three variants of the Samsung Galaxy S phone released in North America. The major thing that identifies each phone is the carrier i.e. AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint. You can tell which version of the phone you have by looking at the top section directly under the earpiece. If you have a Samsung Captivate it will say at&t.
The Samsung Galaxy S phones were meant to directly compete with the iPhone 4, just as their successor (Galaxy S II) is meant to compete directly with the iPhone 4S.
You will find several helpful solutions to common hardware problems in the Captivate troubleshooting guide.
Technical Specs ¶
- 1500 mAh
- Talk Time: 350 mins/5.8 hours
- Stand By: 340 hours/14.2 days
User Interface ¶
- Capacitive Touchscreen
- 3-axis accelerometer
Operating System ¶
- Android 2.1, upgradeable to 2.2
- 125 g / 4.41 oz
- 64.00 (x) x 123.00 (y) x 10.40 (z) mm
- 2.52 (x) x 4.83 (y) x 0.41 (z) inches
- Webkit HTML5 based browser
- Flash 10 ready
Email Support ¶
- GmailTM, Exchange, IMAP, POP, Macmail, GmailTM, MSN Hotmail, Yahoo and AOL®
- Bluetooth® v2.1+EDR
- 3.5mm Headset jack
- USB 2.0 HS
- WiFi: b/g/n
- Type: OLED (Full-Color)
- Resolution: 480 x 800 pixels
- 4" diagonal
- Colors: 16.7 million (24-bit)
- Samsung "Super AMOLED"
- SMS/MMS, Full HTML5 Browser
- AMR-NB/WB, MP3, WAV, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA
- 720p resolution
- up to 30fps capture
- 30fps playback
- MPEG-4, H.263, H.264
- DLNA enabled
- 5.0 megapixel
- Image stabilization
- 16GB internal memory, Up to 16GB microSD expandable
- 1 GHz Samsung Hummingbird Cortex A8
Location Services ¶
- aGPS with LBS
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 WCDMA 850 / 1900 / 2100
High Speed Data ¶
- HSPA 7.2
- Memory: Unfortunately, the only thing that can be upgraded on this device is the external MicroSD card. The Captivate comes with 16GB on-board memory, but you can choose to add up to a 16GB MicroSD card.