These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
If you are having trouble with the OnHub device, refer to the troubleshooting page.
Background and Identification ¶
Released in September 2015, the OnHub is a wireless router produced by Google and TP-Link that promises to change the way you connect to the Internet. OnHub features six 2.4 GHz- and six 5 GHz-antennas, as well as Bluetooth and USB 3.0 connectivity. Users can use Google's On app to configure and connect the router.
The cylindrical, 8-inch tall OnHub is available in a blue or black finish. The OnHub is protected by a casing, that comes off with a firm counterclockwise turn.It has a single, dimmable 4-color light ring that shines near the top of the device, and a 3-watt speaker to send setup tones to Android devices.
Additional Information ¶
Technical Specifications ¶
- CPU: IPQ8064 Dual Core 1.4 GHz
- e-MMC flash: 4 GB
- RAM: 1 GB DDR3L
- NOR flash: 8 MB
- Connectivity: USB 3.0
- 2.4 GHz: 802.11b/g/n 3x3 with smart antenna
- 5 GHz: 802.11a/n/ac 3x3 with smart antenna
- AUX: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 1x1
- Ethernet switch: QCA8337 Gigabit switch
- WAN port: 1x 10/100/1000 Mbps
- LAN port: 1x 10/100/1000 Mbps
- ZigBee/Thread (coming soon): 802.15.4 conformance
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Supports up to 128 devices
- Weight: 1.9 lb
- Size: 7.5 in tall × 4.6 in diameter
- 3-Watt Speaker
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 6 tri-color LED arrays
- WPA2-PSK Wireless Security
- Trusted Platform Module: Infineon SLB 9615