These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Having Issues? See the Nintendo 3DS 2015 Troubleshooting page.
Background and Identification ¶
The 3DS 2015 is a handheld gaming and multimedia device manufactured by Nintendo. This is the first major revision of the 3DS in its family of products. The 3DS 2015 replaced the original 3DS by retaining what made it successful and building upon it with improved features.
The Nintendo 3DS 2015, marketed by Nintendo as the “New 3DS”, was released to North America in September 2015. It was initially only available as part of an Animal Crossing bundle in North America; however, it later became available in other bundles themed after Pokemon and Mario. The 3DS 2015 is different from the original 3DS, and can be identified in a few key ways:
- The 3DS 2015 is slightly larger than the original 3DS in all dimensions.
- The 3DS 2015 is the only 3DS model that has replaceable plates on both the front and back of the device.
- Contrary to the original 3DS, the 3DS 2015’s X, Y, A, and B buttons are different colors.
- The 3DS 2015 has a C-Stick, which acts as another joystick, next to the X, Y, A, and B buttons.
- The cartridge slot is now on the bottom left of the device below the D-pad.
- The 3DS 2015 has four trigger buttons, while the original 3DS has two trigger buttons.
Technical Specifications ¶
3D Display: 3.88" autostereoscopic LCD, 400 x 240 px
Touch-Screen Display: 3.33" resistive touchscreen LCD, 320 x 240 px
Storage: 1 GB internal flash storage with SD card expansion.
Depth: 80.6 mm
Width: 142 mm
Thickness: 21.6 mm
Weight: 253 g