These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification ¶
The Nexus 4 is the fourth Google Nexus phone, built by LG and released on November 13, 2012.
The Nexus 4 continues the Galaxy Nexus' design convention of no permanent on-screen buttons, and has only a power/sleep button and volume rocker. Ports include a combination micro-USB/slimPort HDMI port, and headphone jack.
The Nexus 4 appears similiar to many other phones, so it is important to make sure the phone is in fact the Nexus 4. The phone is distinguished by a back panel of speckled glass, this sets it apart from the previous Nexus phones. The previous Nexus phones were made by Samsung, but this phone has the LG insignia on the back. The 4.7 inch display also differentiats it from most phones on the market.
- 4.7" 1280 x 768 pixel touchscreen LCD with IPS
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro system on a chip (SoC) with * 1.5 GHz CPU
- 2 GB RAM
- 8 megapixel rear-facing and 1.3 megapixel front-facing cameras
- Near field communication (NFC)
- Wireless charging (Qi inductive charging technology)
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
The Nexus 4 Troubleshooting Page contains useful information to diagnose a number of hardware problems.