These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
For additional information, consult the Lenovo G580 troubleshooting page.
Background and Identification ¶
The Lenovo G580 is part of the Lenovo G series of laptops, specifically geared toward everyday use by consumers on a budget. This model was initially released in November 2012, but has since been discontinued. It features a 15.6” HD display, LCD backlight keyboard, 500GB hard drive, and is powered by a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-3210M processor with 4GB of RAM.The exterior of the laptop showcases a glossy black appearance, and Lenovo emblem on the top right corner.
The Lenovo G580 has only been faced with one major recall involving its respective power cord having a high risk of overheating. In order to determine if your power cord specifically is at risk use this link, at risk power cords. Overall, the G580 has received relatively average reviews.
- 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i5-3210M (3.1GHz, 3MB Cache)
- 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB Cache)
- 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7-3520M (2.9GHz, 4MB Cache)
- Intel® Celeron® B820 (1.80GHz, 2MB Cache)
- Windows 8
- 4GB, 6GB, 8GB (DDR3-PC3) Max Upgrade depends upon CPU.
- Intel® HD Graphics (integrated)
- 339mm x 230mm x 33.8mm (13.35" x 9.06" x 1.33"")
- Tray-in Rambo (dual-layer DVD recordable) drive
- 0.3MP integrated webcam
- 15.6" HD (1366x768) 16:9 anti-glare Widescreen
- 5.7 lbs
- 1 USB 3.0 ports
- 2 USB 2.0 ports
- Combo jack
- VGA port
- HDMI port
- 2-in-1 card reader (SD, MMC)
- 500GB, 750GB, 1TB (5,400 rpm)
- Ethernet NIC: 10/100M
- Intel® WiMAX/WiFi 6250 2 x 2 AGN
- Intel® WiMAX/WiFi 6150 2 x 2 AGN
- Bluetooth® (Some Models)
- AccuType keyboard
- Up to 6 hours / 6-cell battery
- OneKey® Recovery
- VeriFace™ face recognition software