These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
For additional help, check out the Lenovo G580 troubleshooting page.
Background and Identification
The Lenovo G580 is part of the Lenovo G series of laptops, providing affordable prices for the consumer. This model was initially released in November 2012, but has since been discontinued. Its latest features includes a 15.6” HD display, LCD backlight keyboard, 500GB hard drive, and is powered by a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-3210M processor with 4GB of RAM.
To confirm your device, flip over the laptop so that the bottom is facing upwards. Towards the bottom left there is an identification sticker that includes the laptop's make and model. Your laptop should display "Lenovo G580" at the top of the sticker.
The Lenovo G580 has had one recall related to its AC power cord.
Any Lenovo G580s purchased from February 2011 to June 2012 are eligible for a free AC power cord replacement. This link will bring you to Lenovo's site for further details.
Overall, the G580 has received relatively average reviews.
- 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i5-3210M (3.1GHz, 3MB Cache)
- 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB Cache)
- 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7-3520M (2.9GHz, 4MB Cache)
- Intel® Celeron® B820 (1.80GHz, 2MB Cache)
- Windows 8
- 4GB, 6GB, 8GB (DDR3-PC3) Max Upgrade depends upon CPU.
- Intel® HD Graphics (integrated)
- 339mm x 230mm x 33.8mm (13.35" x 9.06" x 1.33"")
- Tray-in Rambo (dual-layer DVD recordable) drive
- 0.3MP integrated webcam
- 15.6" HD (1366x768) 16:9 anti-glare Widescreen
- 5.7 lbs
- 1 USB 3.0 ports
- 2 USB 2.0 ports
- Combo jack
- VGA port
- HDMI port
- 2-in-1 card reader (SD, MMC)
- 500GB, 750GB, 1TB (5,400 rpm)
- Ethernet NIC: 10/100M
- Intel® WiMAX/WiFi 6250 2 x 2 AGN
- Intel® WiMAX/WiFi 6150 2 x 2 AGN
- Bluetooth® (Some Models)
- AccuType keyboard
- Up to 6 hours / 6-cell battery
- OneKey® Recovery
- VeriFace™ face recognition software