These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
For troubleshooting information, check out the troubleshooting page here.
Background and Identification
The Kyocera DuraForce PRO Android smartphone was released by Kyocera in October 2016. Kyocera Corporation is an electronics and ceramics manufacturer based in Kyoto, Japan. Kyocera manufactures and sells mobile phones for wireless carriers in Canada and the United States. Kyocera mobile phones are generally considered rugged devices and the DuraForce PRO is specifically marketed towards outdoor adventurers, travelers, and construction workers who require rugged phones. The DuraForce PRO was available only from Verizon.
The Kyocera DuraForce PRO includes a 5.0-inch display with a resolution of 1080 by 1920 pixels. It features IP68 dust-resistance and water-resistance up to 1.5 meters for 30 minutes. The DuraForce PRO includes 32 GB of internal storage and 3 GB of RAM. It features a 13-megapixel main camera with a 2-megapixel wide-angle lens and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. The device includes a 3240 mAh non-removable battery (a non-removable battery is one whose adhesive is permanent, making repair and replacement difficult, but not necessarily impossible).
A review of the Kyocera DuraForce PRO from PC Magazine appreciated the phone’s rugged, waterproof build, shatter-resistant display, secondary wide-angle camera lens, expandable storage, and wireless charging but found that it included some out-of-date software.
Kyocera phones can be identified by the company’s logo, which includes the name “Kyocera” in both capital and lower-case letters. The logo also features a stylized letter “K” consisting of red triangles and parallelograms.
Release date: October 2016
- Dimensions and Weight: 148.4 x 73.4 x 12.9 mm (5.84 x 2.89 x 0.51 in), 230 g (8.11 oz)
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- MIL-STD-810G compliant
- Push-to-talk button
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.0 inches, 68.9 cm2 (~63.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~441 ppi density)
- Protection: Yes
- OS: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8952 Snapdragon 617 (28 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4x1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x1.2 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Adreno 405
- Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Internal: 32GB 3GB RAM
- eMMC 5.1
- 13 MP, AF
- 2 MP
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Single: 5 MP
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5 mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/i/r/k, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- NFC: Yes
- Radio: No
- USB: microUSB 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Li-Ion 3240 mAh, non-removable
- Fast charging 18W
- Quick Charge 2.0
- Stand-by: Up to 480 h (3G)
- Talk Time: Up to 19 h (3G)
- Colors: Black
- SAR EU: 0.34 W/kg (head) 1.43 W/kg (body)