There are no questions. Be the first to ask a question!
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification ¶
The HomePod is Apple's first entry into the smart speaker market, first released on February 9, 2018. Notable features including a beamforming seven-tweeter array, high-excursion 4" woofer, and a cylindrical "acoustic mesh" enclosure. Apple includes an A8 chip as the brains of the speaker, while Siri and a top-mounted touchpad comprise the user interface.
- 6.8" (172 mm) x 5.6" (142 mm)
- 5.5 lbs (2.5 kg)
Audio Hardware: ¶
- 4" woofer with 20 mm p-p excursion, with custom amplifier
- Horn-loaded, seven beamforming tweeter array, each with custom amplifier
- Six beamforming microphone array
- Internal low-frequence microphone for woofer calibration
Touch Interface: ¶
- + and - for volume up and down
- Hold for Siri
- Tap to play/pause music
- Double-tap to skip forward
- Triple-tap to skip backward
Wireless Connectivity: ¶
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MIMO
- Direct guest access
- Bluetooth 5.0