These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
The HomePod is Apple's first entry into the smart speaker market, first released on February 9, 2018. Notable features including a beamforming seven-tweeter array, high-excursion 4" woofer, and a cylindrical "acoustic mesh" enclosure. Apple includes an A8 chip as the brains of the speaker, while Siri and a top-mounted touchpad comprise the user interface.
- 6.8" (172 mm) x 5.6" (142 mm)
- 5.5 lbs (2.5 kg)
- 4" woofer with 20 mm p-p excursion, with custom amplifier
- Horn-loaded, seven beamforming tweeter array, each with custom amplifier
- Six beamforming microphone array
- Internal low-frequence microphone for woofer calibration
- + and - for volume up and down
- Hold for Siri
- Tap to play/pause music
- Double-tap to skip forward
- Triple-tap to skip backward
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MIMO
- Direct guest access
- Bluetooth 5.0