There are no questions. Be the first to ask a question!
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Look here to find a fix to your problems: HP Pavilion DV2160BR Troubleshooting guide.
Identification and Background ¶
The HP Pavilion DV2160BR is a DV2160 with a Brazilian keyboard. You can tell your keyboard layout is Brazilian if you have a ç key on the right side of your keyboard. You can confirm that your device is the DV2160BR by looking for the product number (P/N) RP996LA#AC4 on the bottom of the laptop.
The DV2160BR comes with a 1.60 GHz Intel Core Duo T2050 processor with Centrino Duo Mobile Technology. The included hard drive has 120GB of space and runs at 5400 RPM. The display is 14.1" widescreen at 1280x800 resolution. Though the laptop ships with 1GB of DDR2 memory, it can be upgraded to 2GB. Other included features are Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950, a DVD RW+LS drive, and a 5-in-1 digital media reader.
These are some of the upgrades possible.
- Memory (RAM): The HP Pavilion DV2160BR is shipped with 4 GB of RAM with a maximum capacity of 8 GB. Remember to first check that your operating system supports that much memory before buying extra RAM.
- Hard Drive: The original hard drive is 120 GB and it can be upgraded to any Serial ATA-150 hard drive.
- Battery: The battery is easily replaced just by sliding the latch on the bottom of the laptop.
- Optical Drive: There is a second optical drive slot in case the DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM original is not enough.
Additional Information ¶
- HP Troubleshooting for HP Pavilion DV2160BR
- HP Product Specifications for HP Pavilion DV2160BR
- HP User Guides for HP Pavilion DV2160BR
- HP Guide for Upgrading Memory (RAM)
- eHow Instructions for HP Pavilion Computers
- HP Pavilion DV2160BR Video Cable
- HP Pavilion DV2160BR Keyboard
- HP Pavilion DV2160BR Laptop Inverter
- Hp Pavilion DV2160BR CPU Cooling Fan