These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Identification and Background ¶
The Garmin Nuvi 255W was released in March 2008 as part of the nuvi 2x5 series. The purpose of the nuvi 255W is to provide the user with step-by-step directions to their desired location using Global Positioning System (GPS). The GPS device was designed to be sleek and thin and “fit comfortably in your pocket or purse” to promote its use both in the car and on foot. The nuvi 255W is equipped with a 4.3" widescreen display that is brighter and more readable than the models before it. The display is “sunlight” readable, meaning that it can easily be read in the sun and from any direction. It also comes equipped with a rechargeable lithium battery.
The device comes with many functions and features such as uploaded maps, identifying any point of interest, emergency calls, etc.
Track down problems with your Garmin nuvi 255W GPS system.
Technical Specs ¶
- Rechargeable lithium-ion
- Lasts up to 4 hours
- Internal solid state memory
- SD card compatible
- Can store up to 1000 waypoints/favorites/locations
- 6.1 ounces or 172.93 grams
- 4.8"W x 2.9"H x .8"D
- 12.2 x 7.4 x 2.0 cm
- 3.81"W x 2.25"H; 4.3" diag
- 9.7 x 5.7 cm; 10.9 cm
- 480 x 272 pixels
- WQVGA color TFT with white backlight
- Voices directions
- Traffic compatible (routes around traffic with a receiver and subscription)
- ecoRoute™ (calculates a more fuel-efficient route)
- Route avoidance (avoid highways, tolls etc.)
- Speed limit indicator (displays speed limit for most major roads in the U.S. and Europe)
- Photo navigation (navigate to geotagged photos)
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest)
- World travel clock, currency & unit converter, calculator
- Qwerty or ABC keyboard (choose keyboard layout)
- Garmin Lock™ (anti-theft feature)
Additional Information ¶
Garmin Nuvi 255W Information: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=...
Nuvi 255W Manuals: http://support.garmin.com/support/manual...