These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification
The Dell Latitude line of laptop computers are intended for business use, as opposed to consumer use. This means that these computers are very consistent in terms of what vendor manufactures the parts and what parts are used. Because of this, business computers are easy to maintain and support on a large scale (like a company) because they all have the same or similar components. This laptop is part of the 3000 series, Dell’s lower range of business models. The second digit of the identifying number, 4, refers to the 14 inch screen size. The last two digits, 00, mean that this laptop is part of the xx00 series of computers, which were released in 2019. To locate the model number on your Dell computer, you can use this Dell support page.
- Front Height: 0.73 inch (18.65 mm)
- Back Height: 0.76 inch (19.25 mm)
- Width: 13.0 inch (330.3 mm)
- Depth: 9.37 inch (238 mm)
- Weight (varies w/ configuration): 3.69 lb (1.67 kg)
- Diagonal Display Size: 14 inch
- Processor: 8th gen Intel Core i3/i5/i7 variations, or Intel Celeron 4205U
- Number of slots: 2 SODIMM
- Max Memory Per Slot: 16 GB
- Memory Type: DDR4 SDRAM Non-ECC memory
- Memory Speed: 2400 MHz
- Battery Type: 42 WHr "smart" lithium-ion 3 cell battery or 56 WHr "smart" lithium-ion 4 cell battery