These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Identification and Background
The BlackBerry Curve 8900 is a specific model of smart phone made by Research In Motion. The model number is 8900 and can be found underneath the battery. To locate the number you will have to remove the battery cover and battery itself. This phone does not flip or slide out. It is a fancy brick phone with full qwerty keyboard, trackball and color screen. The screen, unlike many smart phones, is not a touchscreen. This specific model has received a reputation for being poorly built and flimsy.
Display: LCD (Colour TFT/TFD) 480 x 360 pixels 2.4" Colours: 65,536 (16-bit)
CPU: 512 MHz processor
Memory: 256 MB Onboard Memory
Compatible networks: GSM 850/900/1800/1900
Camera: 3.2 MP Camera/Camcorder with Auto focus and flash
Power/Battery: 1400 mAHr removable/rechargeable lithium-ion battery
Connectivity: Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP, microUSB 2.0, and WiFi b/g, GPS
- D-X1 Battery
- SIM Card
- MicroSD Card
A troubleshooting page has been created for this device. It will help answer any questions that you may have and direct you to the correct repair manuals for your problem.
- Buy used on Amazon
- Blackberry manuals and help, documentation for administrators, Blackberry device software security.
- Specifying the resources third party applications can access on a Blackberry device.
- Managing third-party application on a Blackberry device using application control policy rules.
- Managing Blackberry Java applications on a Blackberry using code signaling.
- Deleting data from the device.
- Blackberry device software 6.0
- Developer support, application platforms, Java development.
- Blackberry support community.
- Support and services, Blackberry technical solution center.
- Blackberry knowledge base.
- Partial denial of service (DOS) in Blackberry browser applications.
- Basic phone components and setup video