These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification
Asus is a company based in Taiwan. They manufacture and sell a wide range of electronics including phones, computers, WiFi routers, and more. Asus was established in 1989, and was the 5th largest producer of PCs in the world in 2017. However, the company has faced several security controversies over the years. Asus devices can be recognized the the Asus logo somewhere on the device.
The Asus Memo Pad ME172V was released in January 2013, and has since been discontinued. Like most other tablets, it doesn’t connect to cellular networks, so it needs WiFi to access the Internet. Tablets like this one were very popular in the early 2010s, but have since lost popularity as the smartphone became the more advanced and more portable alternative. However, tablets are still a common choice for applications like online reading, since their larger displays cause less eye strain and may be easier to read.
- Dimensions: 196.2 x 119.2 x 11.2 mm (7.72 x 4.69 x 0.44 in)
- Weight: 370 g (13.05 oz)
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4270 mAh battery (16 Wh)
- Display: LED-backlit LCD, capacitive touchscreen
- Display Size: 7.0 inches, 137.9 cm2 (~59.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display Resolution: 600 x 1024 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~170 ppi density)
- OS: Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Chipset: VIA WM8950
- SIM: No
- Internal Memory: 8GB, 1GB RAM or 16GB, 1GB RAM
- Main Camera: Single, 1 MP, 720p video
- Selfie Camera: None
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm headphone jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Cellular Connectivity: No
- USB: microUSB 2.0
- Colors: Sugar White, Titanium Gray, Cherry Pink