Model A1181: 1.83, 2, 2.1, 2.13, 2.16, 2.2, or 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

Display closes but is crooked when closed

My MacBook's display will open and close fine, but when it is closed I notice that it sits not even with the bottom, it is slightly skewed back and almost seems the slightest bit crooked. Like I said I notice this only when it is closed so it seems to be a minor issue but I'd like to fix it nonetheless. I don't know what has caused this because I bought it this way used. What parts would I need to replace to accomplish this?

It's usually due to one side of the hinge being cracked, causing the screen to close slightly lopsided because it is not receiving equal support on both sides. Do you notice that the screen seems at all loose or wobbly on one side? Did it sustain damage due to a fall, etc.? Ideally what we're looking for her is what side of the screen hinge could be damaged. Components of the hinge can be replaced, although it's one of the more difficult repairs. Let us know, and we can go from there. If it's minor, you may want to just live with it, rather than deal with ordering parts and going through a 2 hour repair, unless you're feeling up for something like that.

I have the same problem. the mac was not dropped nor did it fall. one day i just noticed it was suddenly crooked when it was closed. neither side of the display feels loose at all. there seems to be no play in the hinge. It feels tight like it always did.

when you are looking at the mac from the front- it is the left side that appears to be pushed back when closed. I am not afraid to tear into my computer but there are some tiny and delicate parts around that hinge. not sure if i am going to tackle it.

paradox1156 will be eternally grateful.