Repair guides and support for cars manufactured by Honda's luxury vehicle division, Acura.

2004 Acura MDX Rear AC not working

2004 Acura MDX Rear AC not working, while "Rear AC" lits up.

driver /Navigator side AC works fine.

It is not blowing air as well.

Is there was I can fix it by myself.

amby, agree with cns on the point of the fuse. That should be your first checkpoint. In the under the hood fuse relay box, fuses 41 (120A), 42 (50A), and 52 (30A) can all keep the rear blower from running, as can fuse 3 (7.5A) in the driver's side underdash fuse/relay box. If the fuses are okay, you do want to check the AC filter. There's a small filter for the rear AC which is located behind the plastic trim panel of the center console on the driver's side. If you pop the cover open you expose the filter and clean/vacuum it accordingly. The filter can become totally clogged, this in turn can cause your rear AC to overheat and cause the power transistor to fail. The other thing you want to check on is the motor relay. If this fails, your blower will not function. there is plenty more information on this forum Hope this helps, good luck.

this post was extremely helpful. rear air wasn't blowing, everything checked good on rest of system. found filter super nasty which caused transistor to go out, cleaned filter screen amd found transistor on ebay for $30, all is great now. Thanks to all.

Have you checked your fuses? I'm thinking the rear AC blower motor

might have a fuse and it might be blown.

front a/c working well but not the rear

i am having time removing the transistor, is there trick to that ?

I was able to confirm from Acura service that it is the transistor that is bad and they gave me a quote of $300+.

Mine had the same problem. I change the transistor and it worked . Put everything back together and next day again NOT WORKING. This time I haven't check the fuses yet. I didn't clean the screen filter either. I'll check those fuses and clean that screen and see if it works. Resistor was brand new, I don't think is the same problem. I think this time is something else.

amby will be eternally grateful.