2.3GHz, 2.6GHz, or 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache.

Can I upgrade flash storage more that 768 Gb?

Can I upgrade more than 768gb on a macbook pro retina display? Does it use SSD SATA III 2.5-Inch?

Thanks for the feedback

Most Helpful Answer

While this is a "dated" post... I thought I would throw in a quick update and suggestion if anyone with this model comes looking for suggestions. Having had a 768GB SSD 15.4" Macbook Pro Retina (Early 2013), I can relate to the need/want for more than 768GB. I work with larger files quite frequently, and I'm impatient :) Even with SSD use, I find myself sometimes waiting (lol).

There is a new introduction to the market for SSD alternatives for the (2012 to Early 2013) A1398 Macbook Pro Retina (MacBookPro10,1).

Transcend's Jetdrive 720 - 960GB: http://www.transcend-info.com/apple/jetd...

$599+ (As of 6/15/14)

Buying one myself... will post performance reviews on my ifixit profile soon. Stay tuned...

If you like my post, please advance my score (seen above my profile). Thanks all!

JetDrive - They do sell via Amazon (Prime) too (just ordered one in Austria).

At this time I'm not aware of any manufacturers that make larger chips. Take a look at the teardown here and you will see that the Retna based MBP no longer uses a user replaceable drive/RAM.

no, it is flash storage and is not able to be removed from all i heard..... id go with the 15" none retina, it is able to be upgraded at our will and u can remove the cd drive (if you have skills) to chuck in a secondary harddrive.

To answer your question about form factor, no, the Retina MacBook Pro does not use a standard 2.5" profile. It is a proprietary Apple design that will probably take 3rd parties a while to copy.

This is unrelated to your question, but why do you want/need so much flash storage? The maximum configurable 512 GB should be good for anything you need on the go, and you can always use a 1 TB or larger external HDD at home.

HugoPeroni will be eternally grateful.