Repair guides and support for electric and gas powered high pressure sprayers, sometimes known as power washers.

it won't start. what can I do to start it?

Karcher, powered by honda GCV 160

The engine won't start or the pressure pump does not start?

the engine wont start.

Most Helpful Answer

PIERRE PAGE, you need 4 things for the engine to work, Spark, Air, Fuel and compression. Make sure that you have spark, check the plugs, your ignition coil, and make sure your ignition air cap is set correctly. Make sure your carburetor float is not stuck, that your gasoline is fresh and that the float valve operates properly. Check your fuel filter, make sure it is not clogged, make sure your fuel lines are properly routed and check the jets in your carburetor, for dirt and maladjustments. Check your valves to make sure they are working correctly, set the valve lash as needed. Let us know what you find with further trouble shooting.

Here's the best site I've seen on diagnosing and repair a Karcher Power Washer: http://www.powerwasherplanet.com/power-w...

This answer was originally to another question.

See if the answers here will answer your question:

A SMALL shot of ether (starting fluid) in the carb will tell you if it's an ignition problem or not. If it fires and dies with the ether, then it's a problem with the fuel system, and not the ignition. If the engine has been sitting unused with fuel in it for and extended period of time, the problem will most likely be in the carb as the crap fuel that we are forced to buy these days with alcohol in it deteriorates quickly and also has a tendency to absorb moisture, which then causes a buildup of deposits in the carb. Once you get it cleaned up and running you need to use a fuel additive if you're going to let it set unused awhile between uses, or run it until it's out of gas. I use Seafoam in all my equipment to keep things clean in the fuel systems.

That's good advice about the ether.

PIERRE PAGE will be eternally grateful.