Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Volume and mut buttons not working

Hi there, so heres my problem. About a month ago i dropped my phone to the toillette. The only part that got wet was the half bottom of the iPhone. I opened it and put all the parts on rice for a whole night. Everything worked perfectly, i was very happy. This weekend, suddenly the home button wnet dead, i fixed it by changing the flex cable. After fixing it, the volume button just died. Tried everything and theres no way to make them work. What do u recommed for me to do? The power button and the headphone jack work perfectly, thats why its strange to me. So i should just replace the whole flex cable or u recommend to try something before that?

Thanks in advance!

Since you are having recurring problems with the Water Damage. I would hold off on the repair. More bad things could arrise. Replacement of the headphone jack cable assembly is a very tedius repair too. Also the assembly may be perfect and the damage is a Logic Board problem.

If this was my iPhone and I repair them all the time, this is what I would do. I would jailbreak this iPhone and download free tweaks for the Ringer/Mute Switch and Volume Switch. I have used the Virtual Ringer/Mute Switch before and like it better than the real switch. No more accidental pocket switches.

Maybe a Restore of the Firmware with iTunes will fix the Switch issues also.

Good luck.

Could you tell me the name of the tweak so i can search on cydia to install it? Thx also for the answer. I wont touch it everything can be worked out with toggles :D

Ringer/Silent toggle for SBSettings.

Felipe will be eternally grateful.