Mac Mini Unibody

A unibody aluminum generation of the Mac Mini identifiable by the model number A1347, spanning the Mid 2010 to the currently sold Late 2012 model.

Mini won't boot after replacing primary internal HD

This model has the 2 internal drives instead of 1 optical drive. After reassembling (twice) it won't boot. I get a grey progress bar that makes it about half way across the screen before starting over.

Tried to boot into single user mode but no joy. Tried the option key to boot from the 2nd internal drive but no response. I know the second drive ( backup) was fine when I powered it down.

Any help is appreciated, this need to be back at work in the morning.

Of course you formatted the new drive and installed an OS?

by machead3

If you haven't already, boot from your original system installation DVD disk, "C" key. Go to the second screen pull down menu to Utilities > Disk Utility. Select the new drive in the left hand column and format it and give it one partition. Quit Utilities and continue with your system installation.

Clinton will be eternally grateful.