The TH (turbo-hydramatic) 700R4 was developed for use after 1982 in GMC and Chevrolet cars and trucks.

Why wont it shift?

Well i have more of a qiestion. I have a 1984 gmc trk with the 700 r4 and it wont shift? There are shift silanoids and i dont no what they do but i think shift ? So i was gonna chamge.them to see if that helped i think i can save it i hope

PC Laptop Batteries

An easy fix for a big power boost.

PC Laptop Batteries

An easy fix for a big power boost.

A 1984 700R4 transmission is hydraulically controlled through the valve body with only one solenoid to operate the lock-up torque converter.

Let's start with the basics - What was the circumstances that lead up to this point? Was the transmission shifting OK or has it been parked for a long period of time? Is the fluid level full and bright pink or is it dark or black? Does the fluid smell burnt?

BILL

I have an 1984 gmc jimmy with a 700r4 transmission. I was driving it down the road and out of nowhere the transmission went like it was in neutral but was in drive. I have no gears at all now and My fluid is full and is red like its suppose to be and it don't smell burnt. Can't figure out what caused this to happen. I'm a certified mechanic and have owned my own shop and have never seen or heard of this happening could really use some help on what could be the problem.

Aaron will be eternally grateful.