Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

After water damage, phone keeps turning off

So, I dropped my iPhone 4 in coke about two months ago. After I dropped it, I got it out quickly then made a phone call shortly after. Phone turned off, then the next day after it wouldnt turn back on, I unscrewed the back and left it in rice for a few weeks.

When I took it out of rice, it would only bring up the apple logo then cut off.

Then, it would start up as long as it was plugged in, then turn off.

Now it works completely, but after about five minutes of working, it cuts off and restarts. Is this a batterey problem, or what can I do? :(

It seems the problem was caused by applying power to the device without fully removing the liquid from inside it. The rice is a decent trick with minor or external water damage, but will not always get every little droplet out of the power circuit.

Typically, power failures after a certain amount of time are a result of overheating (there are apps to monitor heat) but could also be electrical problems due to a short or open connection the liquid might temporarily caused.

Take a look at this page:

Electronics Water Damage

Perhaps try a thirsty bag, or even opening the phone and giving the motherboard a good inspection/cleaning. Again I'd like to point out the problem most likely was caused by turning the device on before properly drying out the phone. Good luck, I hope a good cleaning solves your problem!

i dropped my iphone 6 in the hottub and it had my life proof case on but it faild to work. my phone works but it keeps turning on and off an shutting off to go back to the home screen or the apple logo. I left it in rice all night idk what to do ?

Casey will be eternally grateful.