The Kenmore 90 Series is a washing machine manufactured by Kenmore.

Washer does not rinse

I started a load of clothes the washer filled with water and washed the clothes when it got to the the rinse cycle is just stopped no noise. The water is still in there, I tried to restart the cycle and it did and stopped in the same place at Rinse.....

I have a Kenmore maybe made by Whirlpool and have same problem. What was your fix?

i have a maytag and the problem is , its spin but stop at rinse.

When the cycle doesn't advance, it's probably the timer or a cold-water supply problem:

It's the timer, if your washing machine fills with water and begins agitating, but the timer never advances--or if the washer is in a spin cycle and the timer won't advance. Then you need to replace the timer.

Most Helpful Answer

Check the lid down safety switch. On the lid there is a small spike that goes through a hole when the lid is down.

Under the hole is a switch that allows the timer to advance and the washer to spin only when the lid is down. Two screws hold the switch in place and the plastic switch will sometimes break and be hanging by the wires.

I have the same problem. Found this advice. Its exactly what it was. I stuck a screwdriver in the hole, the swith clicked, the machine began to spin and the water drained. The 2 screws were worn. I'm going to replace them and save a ton of money. Now I have to call the appliance guy and cancel the call. Thanks!

I followed advise of thx115613 and replaced the lid latch on my older model Kenmore and it solved my problem of not rinsing and spinning. Easy to get to the lid latch on the inside top right side of the machine.

my kenmore 400 series works great until it gets to rinse cycle then it stop s but the lid switch i have read about has a hole so you can push switch manually mine doesn't its a magnetic one

Vanessa the magnetic lid latch are a two fold mechanism, the magnet "makes" a contact inside the switch move and that activates the relay that energizes the latching mechanism locking the lid into place, this assuring no one can open it while the machine is running

I called a Sears technician and he fixed the washer. It took out some parts and replaced it. and it's working now.

But my dryer just stopped working. It just wouldn't start.

check your thermal fuse, with a volt meter for continuity

KSWW will be eternally grateful.