Kenmore 90 Series Washing Machine

The Kenmore 90 Series is a washing machine manufactured by Kenmore.

Washer does not rinse

I started a load of clothes the washer filled with water and washed the clothes when it got to the the rinse cycle is just stopped no noise. The water is still in there, I tried to restart the cycle and it did and stopped in the same place at Rinse.....

I have a Kenmore maybe made by Whirlpool and have same problem. What was your fix?

by Jim

i have a maytag and the problem is , its spin but stop at rinse.

by adlihnalebehn

When the cycle doesn't advance, it's probably the timer or a cold-water supply problem:

It's the timer, if your washing machine fills with water and begins agitating, but the timer never advances--or if the washer is in a spin cycle and the timer won't advance. Then you need to replace the timer.

Check the lid down safety switch. On the lid there is a small spike that goes through a hole when the lid is down.

Under the hole is a switch that allows the timer to advance and the washer to spin only when the lid is down. Two screws hold the switch in place and the plastic switch will sometimes break and be hanging by the wires.

I followed advise of thx115613 and replaced the lid latch on my older model Kenmore and it solved my problem of not rinsing and spinning. Easy to get to the lid latch on the inside top right side of the machine.

Is there a video of all this advice? or photos? Thanks.

I have a similar problem where it just skips the rinse cycle. It washes, drains water, fills new water, skips rinse cycle, and drains. I just replaced the lid switch but that doesn't solve the problem. What could be wrong? Thanks.

by John Nguyen

KSWW will be eternally grateful.