Kenmore 90 Series Washing Machine

The Kenmore 90 Series is a washing machine manufactured by Kenmore.

Washer does not rinse

I started a load of clothes the washer filled with water and washed the clothes when it got to the the rinse cycle is just stopped no noise. The water is still in there, I tried to restart the cycle and it did and stopped in the same place at Rinse.....

I have a Kenmore maybe made by Whirlpool and have same problem. What was your fix?

by Jim

i have a maytag and the problem is , its spin but stop at rinse.

by adlihnalebehn

When the cycle doesn't advance, it's probably the timer or a cold-water supply problem:

It's the timer, if your washing machine fills with water and begins agitating, but the timer never advances--or if the washer is in a spin cycle and the timer won't advance. Then you need to replace the timer.

Check the lid down safety switch. On the lid there is a small spike that goes through a hole when the lid is down.

Under the hole is a switch that allows the timer to advance and the washer to spin only when the lid is down. Two screws hold the switch in place and the plastic switch will sometimes break and be hanging by the wires.

Is there a video of all this advice? or photos? Thanks.

I have a similar problem where it just skips the rinse cycle. It washes, drains water, fills new water, skips rinse cycle, and drains. I just replaced the lid switch but that doesn't solve the problem. What could be wrong? Thanks.

by John Nguyen

I have the same problem it wash and spin then stop at rinse and drain. I have to push the knob and turn a little bit. It will drain the water but the clothes still wet at the end. I replace the water pump a year ago then I thought maybe the lid switch, I change that as well. What do you think? What do I need to change next. Please help.

I have a Kenmore washing machine it washes good and drains water but sometimes does not rinse. Washing big quilts and over loading can strain the machine,and jam it up from turning same with shoes and towels getting tangled up. When it dose not rinse I reset it to rinse and open the top and put a pair of needle nose pliers or screw driver in the safety switch then turn the drum by hand to get it started leave top open so you can see it spinning.

by Frank Sheler

I followed advise of thx115613 and replaced the lid latch on my older model Kenmore and it solved my problem of not rinsing and spinning. Easy to get to the lid latch on the inside top right side of the machine.

KSWW will be eternally grateful.