0

jwesleym
1

Which parts are required to complete a screen replacement

I have replaced the digitizer on a few iPad 2nd gens. I typically replace the middle frame bezel every time I replace the digitizer. I haven't been able to find replacement middle frame bezels for the new iPad. I was wondering if the iPad 2 bezel would fit, since the old one typically gets some minor damage during removal of the digitizer. Also, is the adhesive similar between the generations?

-Thanks,

jwesleym

Edited by: oldturkey03, machead3, and mayer ( )

1

annon201
43

I just did an iPad 3 Screen replacement,

For the most part, the replacement is about the same - and most of the adhesive is the same too (there are a couple of bits different, but nothing that should affect anything). The part I ordered came with the plastic bezel, I do not know how similar it is to the iPad 2 as I have never replaced the bezel with the screen in the iPad 2.

-David

How much does the screen cost?

ken kenequon,

0

Tom Chai

I would also recommend foam tape gasket around the LCD. It gets torn when opened. Dust will enter the screen

0

Mauro Macniaco
1

I use the old bezel too (only if it is in Good condition).

And you, you too or not?

Thanks, Mauro Ju Macniaco