Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Why is my WiFi signal very weak?

Dear all,

Recently I have changed by iPhone 3GS back cover with a new one, but I have told the service guy to to keep my old speaker/microphone/connector (all come included with the cover) and he did, but after i have the new cover fixed, I am having problems with my WiFi as it is very weak and I have to be very close to the router in order to get a signal, what could have caused this problem, the new cover is somehow blocking the WiFi signal or that tech. guy has done something wrong?

Thanks,

Most likely wifi antenna connector #6 is not correctly pressed down on logic board. Simple to do, but you must be very precise to line-up connectors correctly. Before opening and during all repairs of iPhone 3GS make sure it is OFF.

fixed, thanks alot, the connector was broken actually and replaced it from the old cover.

Regards,

Jamil Mouslmani will be eternally grateful.