Apple iPhone

Complete disassembly and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.

I dropped my iPhone and now it has a white screen

I droppe my iphone today and it fell to the floor. When I saw it, it had a white screen. Everything works yet. I tried to turn it off, and I could do it because ALL the buttons still working, but just the screen is white. Also, I'm receiving text messages (because it rangs when I receive one). I tried to restore it with the power and home button but anything happens. Should I change my LCD screen?

PLEASE, I WAIT FOR YOUR ANSWER ASAP!

And sorry for my english, is not my first language.

Regards

Most Helpful Answer

It sounds like you may have just knocked a cable loose when you dropped it. The LCD screen doesn't sound necessarily damaged and it sounds like the rest of the phone remains functional.

iFixit has a Guide available for a possible fix here:

iPhone 3G Display Replacement

If I'm correct, what you're looking for is the black ribbon cable in step 4 labeled "1".

It's connected to a plug style connector, the block at the end of the cable is the plug which is simply pushed into a socket on the circuit board.

Ensure that this is connected and reconnect it if it is not and see if that solves the problem.

There is no locking mechanism or anything so it should be too hard to fix.

Mentioned Items

I have already done it. the plug number 1 was disconnected. But, anything happened.. do you think is the screen?

by Antonella

It is also important to ensure that the ribbon cable is seated correctly. The fall may have simply jostled it out of place. I'd unplug and replug it in to make sure its securely connected. If you've done this and the screen remains white, that could mean that the hardware itself was damaged in the fall. And replacing the screen could address the issue if that was indeed what was damaged.

by Nicholas

i think you dont need to change your LCD its your screen i think you have to change your screen . my friend also has that the same problem .

Antonella will be eternally grateful.