Where Can I Find A Replacement LCD Panel

Hello, about a year ago our 40" Sony Bravia LDC Television went one-on-one with a Wii Remote (And Lost) the panel is cracked, the tv was useless, and not covered under warranty. We have long since replaced it with annother similar 40" Bravia which has faired pretty well over the past year. The other tv has been residing in the basement in it's box. I decided to leave it there until the price of LCD panels has gone down. I'm thinking of buying a new panel (If the price is reasonable) and replaceing it. The only problem, I have no Idea as to where you can buy an LCD panel for one of these. eBay returned no results, and neither did Amazon. Does anyone know where I can buy an LCD panel for one of these?

Good luck to you. I bought a Sony Bravia 46-inch Hi-Def in 2008. Within 18 months, the picture went bad. In the end, Sony agreed to pay half of the $1,400 repair to replace the panel. The service tech, a Sony gold standard place, says the set is defective. But it's out of the warranty. What's worse? I bought it before Circuit City closed; I think I bought the 5-year extended warranty. But the outside source Circuit City is now using says nothing comes under the phone number I provided to look up the warranty. Sony wants an actual receipt; I only have the copy of my credit card statement. Furthermore, a Sony representative offered 2 46-inch (2010 models) at a discounted price, but they are discounted from the MSRP. Checking Costco, who offer a 3-year warranty included in the price, much better than Sony's 1-year, I found the pricing just about $100 more. I'm going with Sony's half off the repair offer. I don't want Sony any longer. Next time, it will be Samsung or Panasonic. Even more: A Sony rep said last week I could have more than a week to decide which offer (the discounted sets or half repair), then another person says that offer wasn't in the notation. She went back to the one-week offer. Sony used to be a reputable company. I told the reps (telephone reps) to send the agreement through e-mail or fax; haven't received anything. At least they called the serviceman. And he's been given the green light for half of the cost. What happened to good service equals return customers? I asked this. They have no answer and refuse to go on the record. Good luck to you. And always, always BUY THE EXTENDED WARRANTY AND KEEP THE RECEIPT SO YOU DON'T GET CHEATED!

by PHotos100

I also has same views. Sony is left with what so ever no standards. I have bought the Song Bravia 26 inch costing me Rs. 32000. After two years i got a problem of it's 10 percent screen bieng blacked out. I got it for service at Sony Service centre in Lahore. They told me that it's paneel is faulty and it would cost me Rs. 24000 including all service changes. It's really shamefull for sony. Their quality has really degraded. Theie service is also not so good. Obviously next time i will not go for any sony product.

by abdul qayyum

sony means beautiful in india but this name has lost its charm in india .many complaints are being heard of similar nature . i bought lcd 40 inches in 1988 oct now picture quality is bad after getting it checked the service center is saying problem in panel .company people are saying its electronic item they cant do any thing . can any one in company tell were is customer fault .customer is being cheated with fitting local panels by the sony . satish arora

by satish

I have Sony Bravia and need a new screen. can anyone help. thanks

by jon

I too have the same problem. 46 inch lcd bravia klv-46w450a is the model and the picture is very badly flickering, showing double pictures, ghost like pictures, blackened pictures. It is just 3 years old and very carefully used in a minimalistic manner. Sony support said, panel needs to be chnged. Dont know what happened to sony lcd panels, the old LG crt tv was performing great even after 10 years.

by Jana

Look right here. you will need the part number. http://www2.partstore.com/Brand-Landing-...

Thanks, I'll have to dig it out of the basement this weekend.

by Chris Green

this is a dead link

by Jacob Whitfield

I work for an electronics distributor that specializes in LCDs. Open up your tv, there should be a white sticker on the back of the lcd inside the housing. It will say LG, Samsung, Sharp or whatever manufacturer and then the part number. Then just google.

Links look like phishing attempts to me

I have taken in several TVs for repair, maybe a match to any read addressed label to the panel inside maybe a better direct search criteria, but I feel the issue also lies in how new a set might be, STILL.... no excuse for no parts for repairs

by BillSlamman No1

Sony doesnt support their tvs because they no longer make their own products , Replacement parts for Sony are impossible to find panels no matter who made it have been problematic for Sony

by knajar2085

Check this out Bro

Hasith / SL

Chris Green will be eternally grateful.