Where can I find a replacement LCD panel for my TV?

Hello, about a year ago our 40" Sony Bravia LDC Television went one-on-one with a Wii remote... and lost. The panel was cracked, and the TV was not covered under a warranty. We have long since replaced it with another similar 40" Bravia which has faired pretty well over the past year. The other TV has been residing in the basement in it's box. I decided to leave it there until the price of LCD panels had gone down. I'm now thinking of buying a new panel (if the price is reasonable) and replacing it. The only problem is that I have no idea as to where you can buy an LCD panel for one of these TVs. eBay returned no results and neither did Amazon. Does anyone know where I can buy an LCD panel for one of these TVs?

Good luck to you.

I bought a Sony Bravia 46-inch Hi-Def in 2008. Within 18 months, the picture went bad.

In the end, Sony agreed to pay half of the $1,400 repair to replace the panel. The service tech, a Sony gold standard place, says the set is defective.

But it's out of the warranty. What's worse? I bought it before Circuit City closed; I think I bought the 5-year extended warranty. But the outside source Circuit City is now using says nothing comes under the phone number I provided to look up the warranty.

Sony wants an actual receipt; I only have the copy of my credit card statement.

Furthermore, a Sony representative offered 2 46-inch (2010 models) at a discounted price, but they are discounted from the MSRP. Checking Costco, who offer a 3-year warranty included in the price, much better than Sony's 1-year, I found the pricing just about $100 more.

I'm going with Sony's half off the repair offer. I don't want Sony any longer. Next time, it will be Samsung or Panasonic.

Even more: A Sony rep said last week I could have more than a week to decide which offer (the discounted sets or half repair), then another person says that offer wasn't in the notation. She went back to the one-week offer.

Sony used to be a reputable company. I told the reps (telephone reps) to send the agreement through e-mail or fax; haven't received anything.

At least they called the serviceman. And he's been given the green light for half of the cost.

What happened to good service equals return customers? I asked this. They have no answer and refuse to go on the record.

Good luck to you. And always, always BUY THE EXTENDED WARRANTY AND KEEP THE RECEIPT SO YOU DON'T GET CHEATED!

I also has same views. Sony is left with what so ever no standards. I have bought the Song Bravia 26 inch costing me Rs. 32000. After two years i got a problem of it's 10 percent screen bieng blacked out. I got it for service at Sony Service centre in Lahore. They told me that it's paneel is faulty and it would cost me Rs. 24000 including all service changes. It's really shamefull for sony. Their quality has really degraded. Theie service is also not so good. Obviously next time i will not go for any sony product.

sony means beautiful in india but this name has lost its charm in india .many complaints are being heard of similar nature .

i bought lcd 40 inches in 1988 oct now picture quality is bad after getting it checked the service center is saying problem in panel .company people are saying its electronic item they cant do any thing .

can any one in company tell were is customer fault .customer is being cheated with fitting local panels by the sony .

satish arora

I have Sony Bravia and need a new screen. can anyone help. thanks

I too have the same problem. 46 inch lcd bravia klv-46w450a is the model and the picture is very badly flickering, showing double pictures, ghost like pictures, blackened pictures. It is just 3 years old and very carefully used in a minimalistic manner. Sony support said, panel needs to be chnged. Dont know what happened to sony lcd panels, the old LG crt tv was performing great even after 10 years.

Look right here. you will need the part number. http://www2.partstore.com/Brand-Landing-...

Thanks, I'll have to dig it out of the basement this weekend.

this is a dead link

I work for an electronics distributor that specializes in LCDs. Open up your tv, there should be a white sticker on the back of the lcd inside the housing. It will say LG, Samsung, Sharp or whatever manufacturer and then the part number. Then just google.

I have sony KDL 42w674a smart the screen is broken where can i get one.. But sony should be having this screens they are letting us down.. Kindly can someone give me a direct contact to sony malysia coz I cant afford throwing my Tv..

Check this out Bro

http://www.samsungparts.com/Default.aspx

Hasith / SL

hi.

When a problem occurs in television. It is not just the panel. Other parts may be malfunction. for example : Lvds cable-t-con & main board even address board may be dead. Usually find the page panel is difficult, and if it still may not match with main board socets ! and t con board flat cables too. better you sure first .Of course, when the panel has been broken. Have no other option other than to replace it. m . hamooni.

Hi, I have sony bravia KDL32ex720 and sony is saying that lcd panel is to be replaced but they don't have that panel in stock. Part no. which can be fitted are 181133912 or 181133922 or 181133931 or 181133951. Can any body tell me where from I can get the part. Further waht will be the corresponding part no. of samsung so that I can enquire from samsung too as both sony and samsung manufactures panel from S-LCD their JV company.

Chris Green will be eternally grateful.