iPhone 4S Repair

Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

Replaced battery but won't charge

Recently I replaced my iPhone 4s battery using the steps provided in this site. After I was finished reassembling the phone I plugged it in to charge. The Apple logo will appear as if it is restarting normally. But it will only appear for 4-5 seconds before it disappears. It repeats coming and going about every 4-5 seconds. Any suggestions.

I have the same problem I conect to the computer and It doesnt charge the battery. andy suggestion?

by Sergio Ruben Sanchez Balam

after connecting the charger battery shows fully charged at same level that means battery is cheap one or fault in logic board

by SIMRAN

I have the same problem and the shop were i fixend my iPhone has only THE original iPhone batery.

by Leviboy125

I had the same problem then I put the old battery back in and it was fixed

by Ky Je

I inherited my 4s from my son when he upgraded to a 5. He said "the battery has never worked right". What I discovered was that it was extremely sensitive to the charger: only certain chargers and certain charging cables would work, and then, only about 70% of the time (have to plug and replug those that it would accept, until it accepted them). It had nothing to do with cleaning the connector, hard-rebooting, or other simple solutions. It's like there's a circuit inside that determines if it's going to charge from whatever power is being applied, and rejecting most everything. Just too sensitive. Then, it got so sensitive, that only 1 in 50 attempts to charge would work (allow charging), then it would not charge with anything. This ramp down happened within a day. ... to be continued...

by Chris Worley

Most Helpful Answer

I hate to say it but simran might be right. I just did a battery replacement from ifixit and it wouldn't charge afterward. The indicator said that the plug was in but the charge symbol didn't appear. I took the thing apart 6 times and reassembled thinking I missed something. Finally I put the old battery back in and it was charging just like normal(although the battery still runs out quick because it's old). I think I'm just going to hang in there until the 5 comes out hopefully soon.

This is the problem of only battery. this new battery is after market . Ask you seller to change it becoz these batteries will not work. this is very cheap battery it only shows charging but actually it only discharging slowly slowly. change the battery is the option you have to do for your iphone works normally .

It is a new battery, I changed recently.

by Sergio Ruben Sanchez Balam

that doesnot mean your new battery is working properly okieee. try with another. do one thing remove the battery from working iphone and use it here your iphone will work .

by SIMRAN

Do one thing , remove the battery from the phone then put into the charger it will behave like as same now behaving okiee. do this that means battery is bad or battery connecter on the logic board become faulty

by SIMRAN

I will try it but I don't think that it is the battery cause with the original battery was doing the same and now with this new battery it is still doing it but i will try it, any other suggestion?

by Sergio Ruben Sanchez Balam

Oh! these iFixit batteries. I wanted to believe that they were a safe bet and got me one. Installed it and then disappointment. Charging stuck at 47%; essentially it wouldn't take charge. Phone wouldn't work without being plugged in. Even then, applications crashed on launching. And no wi-fi. After waiting enough for a miracle, I disassembled the phone again, installed the old battery and everything went back to normal, including a battery that would not last long. Shame on iFixit for selling garbage and shame on Apple for not making replacement batteries available to their costumers.

by Blah

My iPhone charges only up to 4% I took it to the shop to see what's wrong with it they said we have to change the battery so I let them to change it; they said it will charge after that because the battery was dead but now its still not charging even I got new battery.:(

Anyone knows what I have to do so it can charge ?Please Help

Bought new Iphone 4 battery. Didn't charge.

Had to go back to the old battery :/

The charging USB port may have lint or something blocking your charger. I had the same thing happen with my motorola photon, ands there was some lint in the charging port. The battery would not charge, and agree I cleaned the port out, out works fine now. It took a little time to get all the lint out. You may need a magnifying glass to be able to see inside the charging port/jack.

You are absolutely right. had problem as above then I gave it a Duster blast and...it's working just fine.

by darwinak

My problem too. Can't get to charge or turn on - gives me a dead battery symbol when charging but nothing works. going to replace old battery and see if that works I guess.

reinstalled the old one and it works just as before so must be the battery was bad.

I say you look for a better battery or get it changed from apple

Not the battery in my case, I have tried 3 original iPhone 4 batteries and the phone won't charge, tried hard reset and that doesn't help

This is a problem with ALL Lithium ion batteries... if they have sat on the shelf too long and become completely discharged, it will be very difficult to put a charge on it. Lithium ion batteries should not be completely discharged. I have the same problem now with my iphone 4s - replaced the battery and apple logo is flashing. Tried to restore the iphone but I get an error 21 in iTunes. The problem is during restart of the phone during the restore process - because the battery is completely discharged, the phone shuts off momentarily instead of restarting. That is why itunes fails on the restore process. Don't fall for the $9 iphone battery trick - the old saying "you get what you pay for"...

Exactly the same for me... Did you fix it? I think there's something wrong in the hardware of the Iphone, like the battery connector or something. Hope you have found a solution in the mean time that you wanna share with me ;).

by Thomas

I had similar problem, iphone has new original battery. iPhone was not charging, only the small red battery logo, after 1 day on the charger, still nothing. Then the second day, it was full 100% charged and works normally after. i hope you will be lucky too.

Hi

Here's what I found... The exact same thing happened to me. The problem is with the new battery. If a lithium battery sits on the shelf for too long and it totally drains all of it's charge, it will be impossible to charge it up again using normal means. My advice is to call your battery supplier and get them to replace the battery with one that they have actually tested. After 3 tries I finally got a battery that worked.

Hope this helps!!

Same thing happened to me but my old battery just would only last a quarter of what it used to last so i replaced it and the apple logo kept showing up so I put the old battery in and it is fixed

Andrew Horn will be eternally grateful.