Complete how to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus.

Home button socket ripped?

Hey all, following the guide on the site to replace the home button. I believe I may have ripped the home button socket off the logic board, as you can see in the photo I took a moment ago:

http://imgur.com/R9Atm

The blue is the socket and what I have pulled off, the green is the home button.

Would anyone please explain what I've done and how I can fix it?

Thanks very much everybody!

Ben, unless you have a stereo microscope and a very fine soldering station and you know how to repair SMD components, this is going to be very difficult for you. You could try a local TV or electronics shop and see if they can do it for you, or you could try to contact the user Hectordtruong on here, his email is in his profile. He does a lot of board level repair and is pretty good at it. He might be in a position to help you out. Sorry, wish I would have better news for you. Good Luck to you.

I wish you had better news as well, thanks very much, I will see what I can do but I suppose what happens happens. Thank you again.

Ben will be eternally grateful.